Improving S-line ride quality?

dan77

dan77
Reaction score
Had my 2.0 TDI Quattro s-line for about 18 months and the ride quality is really starting to bug me, what is the easiest and cheapest way to improve it, I've heard H&R springs make a nice difference? Is this the case sorry if this question is a bit basic but I don't really mknow cars anymore, I more of a mountain biker these days

H&R springs in combination with your S-line dampers providing your car is the right side of 40k miles - otherwise it may be worht sourcing some lower mileage/new dampers too!

Do the H&R springs increase roll as a consequence of the improved ride quality, how much do they improve the ride quality by?

Chris

Reduces the roll and reduces the crashiness of the S-line suspension too - will lower your ride height by 10-15mm too (if you buy the lower ones). Feels much more predictable at speed and in corners

Sounds pretty tempting!! I have a sport so i think i would wanna upgrade my dampers aswell, what dampers go well with the h&r springs

Chris

All I do now is motorway commutes so all I reall want is the comfort!!!

I find the ride on my sport just about ok, but i am about to fit 18 inch wheels so i think it will become too harsh so i could really do with a more comfortable set up :)

Chris

iv had my h&r springs on for a month now and love the new setup. Going to be looking at getting billie b8 dampers just shortly as i want a less bouncy ride and dont want to ruin my sline dampers.

When i had my A3 the first i did was put some Eibach springs on, the ride was transformed. Then i put some coilovers on and ruined the ride again.

sorry to hijack you thread but it seems relevant to ask here, I'm looking to change my springs to lower my A3 8P Sport with just over 80K on the clock, do you think i would just need springs or anything more?

sorry to hijack you thread but it seems relevant to ask here, I'm looking to change my springs to lower my A3 8P Sport with just over 80K on the clock, do you think i would just need springs or anything more?

Personally a car of that mileage i would go for a full springs and shocks kit. As you will only have to take everything back off again when a shock does give out.

Personally a car of that mileage i would go for a full springs and shocks kit. As you will only have to take everything back off again when a shock does give out.

does anyone have any idea where to get a set of shocks and should i go for genuine or after markets?

When i had my A3 the first i did was put some Eibach springs on, the ride was transformed. Then i put some coilovers on and ruined the ride again.

lmao i fitted coillies and have never been happy going back to springs soon just trying to decide what shocks to get

Robin you would have never ruined the ride by fitting KW V1s, I don't know why people are so scared of coilovers on this forum, it's like everyone on here lives in the 1800's :laugh:

Robin you would have never ruined the ride by fitting KW V1s, I don't know why people are so scared of coilovers on this forum, it's like everyone on here lives in the 1800's :laugh:
i was scared of the price and the size of speed bumps in wimbledon i should of saved up more and bought a better set not the cheap ebay cheese ones i have lol