What did you and your 8p do today? :)

M

mjr901

I thought this might be a popular question as it interests me what people get up to all day!

It can be anything from giving her a wash to kerbing it. Or perhaps a mod that you've done. or...
- Road rage
- strange sitings
- Good roads to drive on
- Miles you've covered
- Where you've been etc.....

So I'll start I guess (yes it's been half a day but that'll do for now)

Drove to work this morning trying to fight through parents with people carriers trying to deliver their kids to school.

Then my S3 had a wash, Jetwashed, bucket and sponge with grit tray and all that + polished with autoglym super resin polish.

I will now continue to wash most of Malverns cars as the retired folk have nowt better to do than get the car washed....

My 8p now sits and waits for its thrashing to Tesco for its 99 octane @ 5 o' clock after work.

So what did you do in your 8p today ? :)

Reactions: Yega
Mines currently sat in the works car park,after I dropped her off there at 8am this morning. She has had a wash courtesy of mother nature though.

1pm is lunch may take her through the KFC drive thru, and say hello to the colonel. then back to her spot.

6pm (if I get out on time) 20mile country road drive home and probably the highlight of my day.

Went to the gym and then work.
Farted in it twice.
Any residual `air biscuit` should have cleared before hometime however.

Reactions: Adamg89, RS3dan, 210_MIH and 4 others
Mine is currently say in the muti-storey near work, always worries me leaving her in there with the numptys parking next door to me, but i have a usual spot next to a white new polo with black rims belongs to a nice looking blonde :wub: and another 8p TDI... She has been there since 8 this morning following a little race with a 320d (bopped it) and she will be picked up at 5.30 for her trip home via Tesco Metro for wine :p

Mine is currently say in the muti-storey near work, always worries me leaving her in there with the numptys parking next door to me, but i have a usual spot next to a white new polo with black rims belongs to a nice looking blonde :wub: and another 8p TDI... She has been there since 8 this morning following a little race with a 320d (bopped it) and she will be picked up at 5.30 for her trip home via Tesco Metro for wine :p

I go round for ages deciding on the best possible space where mine won't get bumped or scraped or door marked. really annoys the other half! part of the fun though! :)

Reactions: OVRA3
I go round for ages deciding on the best possible space where mine won't get bumped or scraped or door marked. really annoys the other half! part of the fun though! :)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr I am one of those two space people who parks in the middle at tesco's....

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr I am one of those two space people who parks in the middle at tesco's....

i try and avoid that. I got a note once on my window because someone was genuinely annoyed that I parked like that. even though there 99 other spaces....

i like the spaces by disabled spaces. just gives you that little extra room to keep to one side of your space. plus 9/10 that space isn't used. :)

i try and avoid that. I got a note once on my window because someone was genuinely annoyed that I parked like that. even though there 99 other spaces....

i like the spaces by disabled spaces. just gives you that little extra room to keep to one side of your space. plus 9/10 that space isn't used. :)

I know what you mean I dont do it if its really busy though!! As I think thats asking for someone to key your motor, I just normally take my daughter and opt for parent and child!! :ninja:

I have no children yet, I'm 22 and still trying to drive too fast, I wouldn't want to submit a child to that too. I'll calm down first.

they're good spaces though...although I wouldnt know ;)

I have no children yet, I'm 22 and still trying to drive too fast, I wouldn't want to submit a child to that too. I'll calm down first.

they're good spaces though...although I wouldnt know ;)

Ahhhhhh 22....... Those were the days!! At 32 I can only dream of the 'good ole days' lol!!!

Mine is currently sitting on my drive with ketchup all over the drivers side door. Some ****er got a bit jealous at the weekend :no:

cleared blankets and other babys stuff out the back of her 8p and macdonalds stuff following a day or son in hospital with the poorly baby, she now took it to work.

reminds me must do tracking as hit a crater the size of manchester in it the other day, was convinced the engine fell out however this things made of kryptonite! only a mild steering wobble.

second reminder - need tyres, anywhere doing deals we know of?

Worked on my car last saturday all day, did following:

-Oil Change
-Oil Filter
-Air Filter
-New Gearbox Mount
-New Battery
-New Headunit with SDS
-New Pedals
-Rolled Inner Arches
-Drained Tank

Thursday is a big day though with Mr NHN :wub:

Worked on my car last saturday all day, did following:

-Oil Change
-Oil Filter
-Air Filter
-New Gearbox Mount
-New Battery
-New Headunit with SDS
-New Pedals
-Rolled Inner Arches
-Drained Tank

Thursday is a big day though with Mr NHN :wub:

didnt know I'd be hearing the sounds of wedding bells from you 2. Whatever floats your boat ;)

Went out and washed the S3 first thing to get rid of the mountain of bird gauno lying on the roof. They're all gonna die soon. Drove to Edinburgh to drum up some new business. BK for lunch and then drove home to be pi55ed off by PC Plod who decided it was wise to drive at 56.23 mph. So dispensed with HER as she waggled her finger at me to slow down......GET IT RIGHT UP YE!!!

The sun has now come out and just changed the spark plugs so all is well in Sunny Jockland......well for the next 15 mins anyway before that big black cloud comes over!!!!

:no: Were you speeding Mark. Im sending the rain over for you just now, lol. :)

NO I wasnt Sandra....tuts!!! 65.23 mph so minus the speedo inaccuracy would make me legal...........so there!!!:p

Cheers for the rain by the way as its leathering it down...:applaus:

NO I wasnt Sandra....tuts!!! 65.23 mph so minus the speedo inaccuracy would make me legal...........so there!!!:p

Oh good! I'm not the only one who accounts for speedo inaccuracys! ;)

Mines very inaccurate...120mph on mine is about 60mph I think ;)

Your most welcome Mark. Have a good day. :)

Oh good! I'm not the only one who accounts for speedo inaccuracys! ;)

Mines very inaccurate...120mph on mine is about 60mph I think ;)

I find that however the plod on the M4 didn't and nor did the courts. :(..

Today I have done not much apart from possibly sell its wheels and buy a new one..
Hose pipe ban so can't wash it..

Mine is sat at the body shop waiting to get fixed after being bumped by a Fiesta. Turns out my wheels aren't just sat in the back waiting to be fitted, but need ordering in... she's due home on the 20th though.

I find that however the plod on the M4 didn't and nor did the courts. :(..

Today I have done not much apart from possibly sell its wheels and buy a new one..
Hose pipe ban so can't wash it..

i hardly ever see the rozzers on the motorway. I only go on the M4 when I'm going down to London or Portsmouth way. I get on at jct 15 and it's pretty cameraless I have found. apart from there were averaging cameras along there a little while ago! what did you get caught doing then?

Gone to work & back, currently sitting on my driveway. Will be giving it a quick blast to tesco's later to get my old dad a birtbday present.

I have to park in the disabled spaces.. (following a tw*t of a copper knocking me off my motorbike) and I still get scratches down my car! If you don't have a glass box with wheels (like a Kangoo or some other disability chariot) the other blue rinsers that normally lay claim to these spaces feel they have the right to scrape their zimma frames down the side of your pride and joy because they assume you've nicked the space - whether you display a blue badge or not! Don't get me started!! My mrs normally gets militant on my behalf when we pull up, as we're already getting filthy looks till I lob my wheelchair out next to the car!

Back on topic.. My 8p has been out in the rain learning how to go sideways, round roundabouts, with hand controls, on a private road........:arco:

Gone to work & back, currently sitting on my driveway. Will be giving it a quick blast to tesco's later to get my old dad a birtbday present.

its my mums birthday tomorrow, I'm off to Tesco in a bit to get her a plant as she never wants anything significant.

I have to park in the disabled spaces.. (following a tw*t of a copper knocking me off my motorbike) and I still get scratches down my car! If you don't have a glass box with wheels (like a Kangoo or some other disability chariot) the other blue rinsers that normally lay claim to these spaces feel they have the right to scrape their zimma frames down the side of your pride and joy because they assume you've nicked the space - whether you display a blue badge or not! Don't get me started!! My mrs normally gets militant on my behalf when we pull up, as we're already getting filthy looks till I lob my wheelchair out next to the car!

i see quite a few people that look as though they play the system a bit. they whip out the blue badge and stroll into the shop like an Olympic athlete.
now I can clearly see a Zimmer leaving a nice scratch down my car now, I'd completely forgotten the zimmer. so I'll be on the opposite end of the carpark.
My dad runs/owns a care home and I've tried these zimmers and they aren't that controllable!

Sorrt to hear about your incident with the copper :(

i see quite a few people that look as though they play the system a bit. they whip out the blue badge and stroll into the shop like an Olympic athlete.
now I can clearly see a Zimmer leaving a nice scratch down my car now, I'd completely forgotten the zimmer. so I'll be on the opposite end of the carpark.
My dad runs/owns a care home and I've tried these zimmers and they aren't that controllable!

Sorrt to hear about your incident with the copper :(
S'alright mate.. I'm still here, that's the main thing! Don't worry, I'm not one of those angry disabled guys - I still just wanna go faaasssst! Soon as my bike's finished being modified, it's back to track racing - no coppers to give you tickets! (or run you over :lmfao:)

i hardly ever see the rozzers on the motorway. I only go on the M4 when I'm going down to London or Portsmouth way. I get on at jct 15 and it's pretty cameraless I have found. apart from there were averaging cameras along there a little while ago! what did you get caught doing then?

You'll find one or 2 before reading heading away and then there are usually a few around the chippenham/bath area. there aren't any fixed cameras apart from average ones where they have road works. I drive it loads going to and from uni.

I got lazered at 111mph and then follow speed checked going upto 135+ apparently.. got a month and a half ban.. Not worth it I can assure you.. Don't speed anymore.. and I'm only 21.. ha.. god I sound old..

drove to work, been parked outside since getting washed my mother nature...

how did you manage 135 in a 1.6 :faint:

i dont like going over 80 in mine... probably why im getting 60mpg

Gave my S3 a little TLC today as the weather was good.

Washed, dried, polished and finished off with a nice coat of AutoGlym HD Wax. Also put the wax on 2 of the alloys to see if it keeps them cleaner for longer. It's the first time since I bought it I can actually notice the metallic flecks in the Crystal White. Looks great.

I then filled her up with V-Power and took her for a spin. Its such a pain in the hoop keeping the revs low whilst I'm running it in. Still, up to 850 miles now so it won't be long till I rev it past 4k rpm! Can't wait.

I washed the car which took ages as i can't use the hosepipe, went out and it started raining so it is now filthy and on the way back used the launch control for the first time and now need a new set of tyres :)

Chris

Mines been sat at home all day as I have a work van. At 5 I got home and went to the gym in the Audi. Now back home. A whole 6 miles travelled today.

It was raining heavily in central Bristol at around 7:15am this morning, so I decided to take the S3 to work rather than get completely soaked on my bike (Cotic X, running discs and a Franken-bike mix of 105, SLX and XT in case you're interested!).

I was just thinking how it would be a shame to get my car all dirty after having given it a lovely clean on Monday, when the rain stopped and I got out on my bike after all!

This is what it takes to keep my S3 at around 8,000 miles per annum and keep me fit! I take my bike for commuting and trains for almost any work trips (2-3 days per week).