What did you and your 8p do today? :)

Took it to the car wash. Stalled it.

Reactions: s3_trev and Sevv
1063432 10201736943290427 1802280712 nFitted my new ttrs/black edition wheels and rokkor lowing springs on the rear (fronts to be done tomorrow)

So the heatwave has done wierd things. Pushed the cupholder in and then it jammed, would not come back out, thought it was broken untill yesturday when it randomly popped out and started working again.

Then had both windows down and now the switch (and the auto up on lock) doesnt work, so I have to keep it off the road. No idea if a fuse is gone or if it will randomly work again like the cupholder!

DISASTER STRUCK!

in this potential heat wave england, A CAN OF 7UP EXPLODED inside my car!

It was located INSIDE the armrest, this acted as a oven and then when the can exploded, the pressure BLEW the armrest open! and went literally EVERYWHERE and also left a puddle inside (thankgod it was water tight)

**** IS STICKY...

I have tried lifting the top of the armrest off without using the catch and i cannot do it, it just lifts the armrest completly up so GODKNOWS how it did it.

The can was also a mess as the top had alot of bent aluminium at the explosion point.

you can all laugh now.

JJ

Hahahaha love this especially how it was written! Taking my #babygirl for a 300 mile trip from Cambridge to Abersoch in Wales today, hoping it's not as muddy as last year!

She's been de-chromed now too so at least the mud wont show as easily ha :ninja:

Lucky it's not white like my mates mini...

Last edited:
Boydie - How did the cooler hold out as i am really struggling in this heat and need to get one sorted ASAP!?

Went for a night blast in a 1000cc bike engined Suzuki Kit-car the other day (sequential box)

Flames on over run, constant banging and popping, wheel spinning with ease in 3rd gear.

My ears were still ringing the next day.

CRAZY LOUD, It could be heard 10 miles away according to friends of mine.

I want one.

rounded off the thread of one of the pipes that go into my fuel pump while tightening it back in after cam follower change.

Safe to say when i turned the ignition, petrol went everywhere. Clearly wasn't tight enough, and now waiting for a new one from local audi.

Drove to gym, fuel light is on...;(

Reactions: sliced and RedDejavu
S3 is being pampered today.
Brand new 18 black ed rotors
New set of eagle f1 shoes
New brake pads
Cam belt change
New water pump
New alternator belt
Replacement window switches on drivers door
Replacement jet on rear washer.
Can't wait to see it on thursday! Pics to follow

Reactions: S3Alex
Not quite today but close enough.

New ECU
Bigger turbo
New exhaust manifold
Programmable ALS and 6 stage TC.

The car should be feeling very lucky.

Spent almost 6 hours driving from Manchester to Norwich in the ******* rain - one of the wipers failed and im sure a speed camera got me on the M6 :(

How am I only seeing this thread now! Cud have had so many updates :-(

Latest upgrade is the H&R Arbs and WALK. Loving it so far.

Left at home with the missus while I'm in Surrey working driving her mk4 golf GT TDI... Why u ask, well 53.7mpg on the way down from Sheffield is the answer :)

New steering rack fitted today :) After months of knocking, shes now quiet and feels a lot more sure footed in the steering :)

Reactions: grchmason
New steering rack fitted today :) After months of knocking, shes now quiet and feels a lot more sure footed in the steering :)
Where from comp an how much, I just don't know where to turn with mine m8.

It ended up being £988 bud ;/ still a lot cheaper than everywhere else was. Includes Hunter wheel alignment too!

Ouch, don't fancy spending that m8 spent enough to already what with tyres tax DP an de cat and family/lads holidays.. Think I'll live with the knocking a while longer ;)

Know what ya mean ;/ mine was that bad tho it sounded like the engine was loose!

S3 is being pampered today.
Brand new 18 black ed rotors
New set of eagle f1 shoes
New brake pads
Cam belt change
New water pump
New alternator belt
Replacement window switches on drivers door
Replacement jet on rear washer.
Can't wait to see it on thursday! Pics to follow
Just had a call from the mechanic.
Add rear discs to that list!!:wacko:

Reactions: S3Alex
The car always wants more!
You're not wrong!! Picked it up and I only have two wheel drive. Its showing a fault with the Haldex. Probably needs a new Haldex clutch pump so its going back in next week!! !:keule:

Just got home after fitting my Wagner Intercooler

Next week it's my TTE420 install

Reactions: Compkiler and S3Alex
Had a single mass flywheel and turned my s3 into a cement mixer as @S3Alex says. Mrs is ****** off and is asking why I paid to have my car sound broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex, Compkiler and Mario8P