JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: What did you and your 8p do today? :)

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    The GSi was properly quick when it was released - as are most Vauxhalls as that's the only claim to fame they have! all the old ones handle like sacks of s**t though.

Time for a remap maybe?
    Yeah thats what iv heard, well im happy to know im not driving a boy racer trash can around

And yeh remap is in order aswell as the AMD intake im guessing and probably an intercooler upgrade also, want at least 260bhp out of it lol.
    JJ.
    Artimus likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Short Back

Status
    Good stuff.

I just went for the Bluefin (uninstalled at the mo), as I don't need drag strip performance and wanted to play safe with my Turbo & gearbox.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

6th Gear

Status
    REMOVED gear box insert bush as exhaust bracket snapped .
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

5th Gear

Status
    Good stuff.

I just went for the Bluefin (uninstalled at the mo), as I don't need drag strip performance and wanted to play safe with my Turbo & gearbox.
    yeh im gonna go agressive, milage is at 120k anyway so im guessing clutch is had it anyway, so will keep it in mind ready to replace lol then get something future proof lol.

JJ.
    Artimus likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Wanted to get as much swirls out my bonnet as I could with my das6 pro. Used maguiars polish after first claying it. Came up lovely like a sheet of black glass. Went to my moms and had to park by a tree. You can guess the rest
    wuta3 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ.Foulds View Post
    tryed to race an old vauxhall astra in early hours of morning, not a VXR but the earlier model. mines is stock TFSI, and he hammered me.

Gutting.

JJ.
    remember my dad use to have a astra gte cab with wide arch body kit and custom made image alloys rears were 11J lol had calibra turbo engine in it , it was rappid back in the days, im surprised if a standard GTE left you mate
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    Edited due to double post

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    remember my dad use to have a astra gte cab with wide arch body kit and custom made image alloys rears were 11J lol had calibra turbo engine in it , it was rappid back in the days, im surprised if a standard GTE left you mate
    Yeah his wouldnt of been standard, it had exhaust as i could hear and it was chavvy looking so had probably been done up as the guy wasnt young so probably had a job aha.

JJ.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ended up having a miss fire :0( just after I replaced my discs and and upgraded pads too some ds2500 pads.

friend scanned it and cylinder one flagged to be the culprit. Sadly no recalls at audi so off to TPS I went and purchased 4 new packs

fitted and all good :0) hate the little vag clips

Short Back

Status
    Swapped my ClimAir wind deflectors for Team Heko ones - they look so much neater.

..and spent £70 odd quid on cleaning products! this on top of the £70 odd quid I spent last week - I'm bound to get it right one day.

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Swapped my ClimAir wind deflectors for Team Heko ones - they look so much neater.

..and spent £70 odd quid on cleaning products! this on top of the £70 odd quid I spent last week - I'm bound to get it right one day.
    Have you tried Zymol? It works a treat. Applying water sets it.

Then microfibre off. Really good. Mega shine, mines still beading from weeks ago.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    Danced around in the rain and became instantly awesome once I opened the taps (Stage 2 Revo) surprisingly good grip in the rain from the Pirellis!!

Accelerating out of roundabouts and junctions was quite fun

Could really feel the halex doing its stuff.
    ----------------------------------------
    Revo Stage 2 -Miltek - Sachs Clutch

Short Back

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Have you tried Zymol? It works a treat. Applying water sets it.

Then microfibre off. Really good. Mega shine, mines still beading from weeks ago.
    Never heard of it, Is it like a Sealant?

Status
    Never heard of it, Is it like a Sealant?
    its a natural wax. smells nice too. it's a funny greeny colour.

About £12 from the likes of halfrauds.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006RIUUIQ

they do other stuff @ mega cash too.
    Artimus likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Short Back

Status
    One item I've ordered is a 200ml tub of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro (my panel pot ran out a couple of months ago), so it'll be a while before I need any more wax.

But it's something I'll bear in mind for the future! Thanks.

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status
    Waxed mine twice over the last few days, also had a remap yesterday at Shark Performance. Really want to go stage 2+ now

1st Gear

Status
    Replaced my rear disc and pads. My first attempt at a big job like this. The bleed nipple was rounded off so I couldn't bleed and get brake pressure back so still cost me £50 at the garage. I still saved a couple of hundred quid though so happy days
    I did shat myself when I had break fluid all over my drive and no brakes!
    mjr901 likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stol1975 View Post
    Replaced my rear disc and pads. My first attempt at a big job like this. The bleed nipple was rounded off so I couldn't bleed and get brake pressure back so still cost me £50 at the garage. I still saved a couple of hundred quid though so happy days
    I did shat myself when I had break fluid all over my drive and no brakes!
    Well done, takes balls to fiddle with you own car.

I only started fiddling with mine when i got a second car, as i still need to get to work.

(incase I need a part and its a sunday for example)

How come you were bleeding the brakes?

Dont you usually just bungee cord the caliper out the way, change the discs, then rewind the caliper with tool, and refit?

Did the rear pads with a friend on his ED30 the other day, was strangely easy!

Neutral

Status
    Cleaned and waxed today.

Then took a little drive to Bromley where upon a electric blue Citroen Saxo decided he'd like to drive 2.3cm away from my car. I entertained him for a while and boosted a little and waited for him to catch up, then slowed to a stop for a zebra crossing... he starts beeping about 4-5 times to go, even when there are people crossing the road. About two minutes after that he tries to overtake me on a TRIPLE HAIRPIN DOUBLE WHITE LINE ROAD to find a double decker bus coming at him (**Sketches/revs/poorly controlled recovery**) and then I thankfully went left whilst he went right.... Such a charming man

TL;DR - A man in a Saxo was a dick and almost got ploughed by a bus.
    wuta3 likes this.
    Current - Daytona Grey Audi TT RS 2.5 TSFI
    SOLD -
    Phantom Black Audi
    S3 2.0 TSFI Quattro Revo Stg 2+

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status

I only started fiddling with mine when i got a second car, as i still need to get to work.

Dont you usually just bungee cord the caliper out the way, change the discs, then rewind the caliper with tool, and refit?

I was thinking this also, i normally just take the cap off of the brake res but some let the pressure out from the bleed valve otherwise it can bugger up the seals.

Neutral

Status
    Had a head on collision with someone skipping a red light. Audis now having front end straightened and bodywork done with a new cambelt and water pump installed. After crash the 8p got stuck in 2nd gear but mechanic managed to free it and it still managed to run without a problem, no damage to gearbox or engine. The 1.9tdies are bullet proof as for the other car it died on the scene and wouldnt start

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by harvz View Post
    Had a head on collision with someone skipping a red light. Audis now having front end straightened and bodywork done with a new cambelt and water pump installed. After crash the 8p got stuck in 2nd gear but mechanic managed to free it and it still managed to run without a problem, no damage to gearbox or engine. The 1.9tdies are bullet proof as for the other car it died on the scene and wouldnt start
    Ouch!

Are you ok too? Did you get the details of the other driver?
    Dean.

Neutral

Status
    Im ok, insurance company said its my fault as there are no witnesses to say it was a red light and i crossed his path...

So gonna have to take the rise in insurance.... Accidents in the a3s are amazing, not saying u should try it but i never felt a thing. I am worried that there may be damage to gearbox when mechanic says its ok

1st Gear

Status
    My 8p continued its tree sap gathering mission as sat for its 3rd
    week undriven on the drive.

I stared at it out of the window and thought to myself
    is there any point owning this car??
    2009 S3 3 door. Phantom Black metallic.
    RNS-E, Tints, Piano Black inlays, Auto Lights and Wipers, Bluetooth, MFBSW,
    White Alcantara, LED numberplate lights, Black Optic Grille, Yellow Foglamps,
    K&N panelfilter, Colourmatched mirrors, S3 footplate,
    More to come....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by grr666 View Post
    My 8p continued its tree sap gathering mission as sat for its 3rd
    week undriven on the drive.

I stared at it out of the window and thought to myself
    is there any point owning this car??
    Wanna swap? my cars great at sitting on the drive still after its facelift, i promise it wont move an inch
    audi.jpg
    grr666 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by harvz View Post
    Im ok, insurance company said its my fault as there are no witnesses to say it was a red light and i crossed his path...

So gonna have to take the rise in insurance.... Accidents in the a3s are amazing, not saying u should try it but i never felt a thing. I am worried that there may be damage to gearbox when mechanic says its ok
    That sucks

Any CCTV about or cameras on top of the lights you could get as evidence?
    Dean.

1st Gear

Status

I have the tool for winding back the calliper but I couldn't do it because of the pressure so I undone the nipple a bit to release the pressure. This worked but for some reason I put the handbrake on with the nipple open. This resulted in loads of brake fluid on the drive and air in my line. Then I decided to round of the nipple nut(ooooh er misses) so I couldn't bleed the line properly. Hence getting a professional in. I did it wrong but it was my first attempt on my own with only a bad tempered wife in the house to turn to. 😧
    Last edited by Stol1975; 6th July 2013 at 18:39.

1st Gear

Status
    Before I buggered my brake pressure I did add the s line diffuser to my bumper. Bought from a fellow member on here, Nezz. What a bloody nice chap he was and he has a beautiful car too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373132118.449838.jpg

Yes I know it needs a clean.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stol1975 View Post
    I have the tool for winding back the calliper but I could do it because of the pressure so I undone the nipple a bit to release the pressure. This worked but for some reason I put the handbrake on with the nipple open. This resulted in loads of brake fluid on the drive and air in my line. Then I decided to round of the nipple nut(pooh er misses) so I couldn't bleed the line properly. Hence getting a professional in. I did it wrong but it was my first attempt on my own with only a bad tempered wife in the house to turn to. ������
    "you live and learn" so they say. Fair play for giving it a bash yourself!

5th Gear

Status
    No words required really.......

Excuse the dirty wheels which are now clean!
    autolatry likes this.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post

I got out bid on some last night went for a bargain price! How do they perform?

5th Gear

Status
    Raced my mates Merc AMG 450bp thing from stand still (mine - 200hp A3) , authought his launch control didnt rev up fully i battered him at the start because of the quattro! WOO! and lets just say thats was the end of winning...

I take this as a win from a 80grand car against my 4 grand one! :P

JJ

Status
    Ragged the poor girl on a 300 mile day trip to Bournemouth.

Suprised a few motorbikes....

Went swimming in the sea.

Fell asleep on the beach. Woke up with a red patch on my leg where the mrs missed to rub the cream in. (Have to blame someone, and actually can't think of anyone better)

Went home.....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post

Love these wheels.

well today I have drove the results of rs3 intank pump, rs4 fuel return reg and autotech HPFP and omg what a difference and tomorrow it gets even better with new revo map. Little but happy :0)

1st Gear

Status
    My 8p tdi is poorly today, I think it is the heat (30 deg C) it stalled a few times (it is DSG, so shouldnt) and seems a bit jerky on acceleration.

Not bothered really as it is getting PX'ed soon.
    2008 A3 1.8t FSI Sportback S-Line - Avus Silver - Full spec.

5th Gear

Status
    DISASTER STRUCK!

in this potential heat wave england, A CAN OF 7UP EXPLODED inside my car!

It was located INSIDE the armrest, this acted as a oven and then when the can exploded, the pressure BLEW the armrest open! and went literally EVERYWHERE and also left a puddle inside (thankgod it was water tight)

**** IS STICKY...

I have tried lifting the top of the armrest off without using the catch and i cannot do it, it just lifts the armrest completly up so GODKNOWS how it did it.

The can was also a mess as the top had alot of bent aluminium at the explosion point.

you can all laugh now.

JJ

2nd Gear

Status
    Ah mate. I really don't want to laugh but wtf.
    What if you had been in the car? You could have been killed! Lmao!

5th Gear

Status
    Im glad i wasnt! And if anyone walking past as it went off, bet it was loud!

i just went in to damp wipe it, and its gonna take loads of goes, it has like crystalyed in droplets off my window screen!!!

SAKE!
    lol
    jj

1st Gear

Status
    I fitted a roof box to my baby to give me extra downforce and grip
    Or I'm going to Cornwall and need the space. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373530595.619371.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    New wheels arrive back from the refurbishers today........

Beyond excited.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast