What did you and your 8p do today? :)

I took a trip to the stealers in a brand new 8P3 tdi 140 BE (courtesy car) after getting a call to ask what was on the headlights because they couldnt get them to pass the pattern test.

Had to rip my LaminX off. Gutted.

Hence to say I now have my car back, new ball joint, new brake pad warning light cable and 12 months MOT!

Mine was sat in the work carpark from 9 to half 5. Then a quick spin to the gym and back home. where its currently on the drive waiting for the same trip tomorrow.

Went to order a new TV this evening.
Only farted once in the car, crop dusted couple of times in John Lewis though. In the cosmetics section FYI.

Reactions: OVRA3
Bought some new 19" BBS CK's for her today!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Went to work, sat at the office car park 9-6 came home loaded the misses stuff into the car took it round to the new house, came home and currently waiting for the drive to work tomorrow. About it.

Spent most of the morning tearing up the roads as its wet..... I've got a Milltek and that means lots noise and then instability and limiter action and it's Sweeeeeet :)

Back to work :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out to lunch with my wife at a local pub and then called in to the bank to collect my Euros ready for my two weeks, with my new 8P, in Germany. Hard life this retirement!! Car is now safely back in it's garage.

Put new wiper blades on,as purchased from wiperblades.co.uk.don't think they had been changed for a long time.

Got stuck in with some Plasti-Dip and did my splitter. Grill will follow when I've figured out how to extract it from the bumper :p
DSC00356.jpg

50miles of pure road rage, stressing out on the M25 doing ridiculous speeds because I was about to miss my exam at uni.

P.S.

Sorry for anyone I flashed to get out of my way.

50miles of pure road rage, stressing out on the M25 doing ridiculous speeds because I was about to miss my exam at uni.

P.S.

Sorry for anyone I flashed to get out of my way.
did you make it buddy!?

My 8p got some new paint on its wheels and some tints now looking smart

Yep made it with 3 minutes to spare :icon_thumright:

Mines a He, Alfred, and hes been to work and back and is currently resting on the drive pondering on whether or not to get a short shifter gearbox thingy fitted :yes:

I swore at mine as the dpf light has come on twice in the past week :(

Well mine had a clean today the usual snow foam, 2 bucket, tyres dressed.
Then i went looking for some good spots to take pics... had a good blast round some b-roads in the process.
then it sat in the drive untill i edited the pics. only a iphone camera so not the best photography but looks ok i think
7247de3b.jpg

8ed67e14.jpg

8879a9b2.jpg

5583a8fe.jpg

2540eff0.jpg

9618ad97.jpg

1ef59b4a.jpg

You had rubbish weather in Scotland???? Was horse manure down here in the midlands all day. :-/

Been perfect here all day as well.

Hell, Something must be up if Scotlands weathers better than down ere :-/ I'm coming up there. be there in 10 :)

Went down to halfords today.......

Don't worry, only brought some oil for my brothers 2.0tdi. 5w30...

Nearly walked out with every accessory, oh wait, I drive an audi, why would I do that.. hahah.. One can only kid..

Fitted some new plugs, let my mate have a go in it as he has been blagging me for ages and its being sold soon.

Misfire fixed so all good :) Checked it for fault codes and now I might clean it if I can motivate myself!

Loaded some bits in my Sportback ready for an early departure tomorrow for a two week holiday in Germany. Used my laptop and VCDS to set my headlights for driving in Europe.

Spent the day fixing up some wiring on the A3, so everything is now looking neat and tidy under the dash, not that anyone would be able to see it without taking the car apart but at least i dont see tons of repair wires hanging around near the CE module (from all the installs i have done)

Also fixed the issue i was getting with the mirrors since i did the did the auto folding mod and figured out some new bits to do on the mirrors :ninja:

And i bought a new toolbox for my installer tools for the boot...

and about to start of some more dye work for bits in the car :)

Spent the day fixing up some wiring on the A3, so everything is now looking neat and tidy under the dash, not that anyone would be able to see it without taking the car apart but at least i dont see tons of repair wires hanging around near the CE module (from all the installs i have done)

Also fixed the issue i was getting with the mirrors since i did the did the auto folding mod and figured out some new bits to do on the mirrors :ninja:

And i bought a new toolbox for my installer tools for the boot...

and about to start of some more dye work for bits in the car :)

Not married then !!!!!!!! lol :think:

Got stuck in with some Plasti-Dip and did my splitter. Grill will follow when I've figured out how to extract it from the bumper :p
DSC00356.jpg

Saw on a thread the other day to remove a3 grill it was 3 torx screws on the top and then you pull it of as it's clipped on. Not sure if it's the same on the s3 but worth a shot. Good luck.

Actually managed to give the car a quick wash this evening, after the
missus had finished running around in it all day. This hosepipe ban does my brain in! Rough calculations, I used 6 x 10 litre watering cans to pre rinse, then 4x 15 litre buckets for the wash stage, then another 4 watering cans to rinse off. That's 160 litres of water, which I think is about the same as leaving a hose running for about an hour and a half!

Not married then !!!!!!!! lol :think:

LOL no, not yet. and as you can tell i am enjoying it! :p
managed to get one of four carpets dyed and i am proud of the work... ran out of dye though so need to pick up some more tomorrow

Fairly easy to fit, I found a guide online to get access to the gear box.

Set it to the shortest throw as it's adjustable, makes the gear change very tight and firm.

I like it and happy with the price :icon_thumright:

when you say tight and firm is that a good thing? as it sounds uncomfortable...
also send that link to the guide my way please... all this talk of short shifters is making me want to do it on mine now.