Quick question re Engine Cover

Rhyso

Reaction score
Hopefully an easy one to answer although I already have my suspicions as to what the answer will be

Somehow I've managed to lose the Audi rings off my engine cover (got a feeling some scrote nicked them when I popped inside to get some water to refill the washer bottle)

50f50543.jpg

Does anyone know if the rings can be bought separately or is it a whole engine cover job?

Cheers
Rhys

ebay rings about £15

Reactions: nil538
Same thing happened to me! No idea how it they managed to come off

I dont think the rings can be bought separately. And they are smaller than the rear badge :slapped:

According to ETKA they can be bought separately. The part number is 06B103940 and they cost about a fiver.

Number 9 on this diagram:

img..asp@mdl=412&unit=B7110D11

Sweet!

Ads is there any chance you can check if the part no. is the same for a 2007 1.6FSI? Just in case they are slightly different sizes

Sweet!

Ads is there any chance you can check if the part no. is the same for a 2007 1.6FSI? Just in case they are slightly different sizes

I won't be back at my computer with ETKA until tonight. If no one else posts it then I'll check it for you later mate. :icon_thumright:

Sweeeeeeeet!

Cheers!

Bad news.... I've just noticed that yours is a TDI 170. There is no badge replacement for your engine cover!
The whole cover is in two pieces and the bit that comes with the badge is called "Noise Insulation", part number 03G 103 967 H/E/K (depending on engine code).
That bit costs... wait for it........ about £90!!!

Here's a diagram showing the part:

cover1z.jpg

Sweet!

Yours, on the other hand, does have a replacement badge available. The part number is 06A 103 932 Q and costs about £25.
Yours has the Audi rings and "1.6" on it.

Hopefully an easy one to answer although I already have my suspicions as to what the answer will be

Somehow I've managed to lose the Audi rings off my engine cover (got a feeling some scrote nicked them when I popped inside to get some water to refill the washer bottle)

50f50543.jpg

Does anyone know if the rings can be bought separately or is it a whole engine cover job?

Cheers
Rhys

Could someone please give me that part numbers for the entire engine cover shown in this picture? I just got my A3 sport back last weekend and unfortunately, it has no engine cover.

I would appreciate it if someone could let me know the cheapest place I could get hold of one - the ones currently on ebay are a different style with the oil cap on the other side.

Thanks
Ian