Going to sound totally thick but.....

Simmy Storey

Reaction score
will my 55plate audi a3 have a acc position on the ignition? ive just had a pioneer avh 2400bt installed and it wont keep the memory when i turn the ignition off. ive had a read thru the manual and it says the head unit should not be used with cars with no acc position.

I am no expert but back in the day on saxo's etc you used to have to switch the switch lives around. The red going to the yellow and yellow to red if that makes sense. It will be on the head unit side.....

If you have something like this
f0e2ea17.jpg

You need to switch the red and yellows over so they each have a red against a yellow.

Hope this helps...

Si

These cars turn the radio on/off with the cars network known as canbus, so you would need to either have a can module to enable the power iirc or ignition switch it from a fusepoint.

thanks for the help mate, gonna ring the lad who fitted it yesterday n see if he can sort it out

If hes used the correct adaptor then as previously stated its a case of swapping the wires.

I was reading up some threads about head units etc the other day.

Andy someone, (who makes the stealth box things) said that original stereos get the on off signal from the CAN bus. So you can either buy an expensive CAN bus emulator. Or run a switched live from the fuse box.
Think there is a fuse there call Radio S Kont or something similar. Ill see if i can find the thread.

The swapping wires thing is common on vauxhalls etc. Most looms have bullet connectors on the red/yellow to allow this. But if there is no switched feed, this wont help you.

I was reading up some threads about head units etc the other day.

Andy someone, (who makes the stealth box things) said that original stereos get the on off signal from the CAN bus. So you can either buy an expensive CAN bus emulator. Or run a switched live from the fuse box.
Think there is a fuse there call Radio S Kont or something similar. Ill see if i can find the thread.

The swapping wires thing is common on vauxhalls etc. Most looms have bullet connectors on the red/yellow to allow this. But if there is no switched feed, this wont help you.

if you could find that thread it would be brilliant mate, im going to go look in the fuse box now for that fuse to see if its there

As long as that module accepts the can signal even with car ignition only turned on & not just when started then looks ok, as it states it only works when engine is running which I think is wrongly worded tbh, I suggest buy/try & if no good return.

thanks for the reply mate, i totally forgot a mate of mine used to do the electrics on aston martins. been on the phone to him and he's gonna sort it

radio is in and working, just need to buy a new surround as i broke the bottom clips when taking it off. all he done was swapped the red and yellows on the pioneer harness then ran a lead from the fuse box for the ignition. he's going to make me a relay so it emulates the original head unit by not turning it off till i take the keys out

radio is in and working, just need to buy a new surround as i broke the bottom clips when taking it off. all he done was swapped the red and yellows on the pioneer harness then ran a lead from the fuse box for the ignition. he's going to make me a relay so it emulates the original head unit by not turning it off till i take the keys out

Where abouts are you? Ever since i installed my poineer i have always wanted the system to stay on until i take the keys out but just figured its one of the things i would loose as i swapped over... once he has installed the relay let me know if it works and if so i would be interested in one too :thumbsup:

Where abouts are you? Ever since i installed my poineer i have always wanted the system to stay on until i take the keys out but just figured its one of the things i would loose as i swapped over... once he has installed the relay let me know if it works and if so i would be interested in one too :thumbsup:

im in durham mate