Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Going to sound totally thick but.....

will my 55plate audi a3 have a acc position on the ignition? ive just had a pioneer avh 2400bt installed and it wont keep the memory when i turn the ignition off. ive had a read thru the manual and it says the head unit should not be used with cars with no acc position.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I am no expert but back in the day on saxo's etc you used to have to switch the switch lives around. The red going to the yellow and yellow to red if that makes sense. It will be on the head unit side.....

If you have something like this

You need to switch the red and yellows over so they each have a red against a yellow.

Hope this helps...

Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    These cars turn the radio on/off with the cars network known as canbus, so you would need to either have a can module to enable the power iirc or ignition switch it from a fusepoint.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the help mate, gonna ring the lad who fitted it yesterday n see if he can sort it out

4th Gear

Status
    If hes used the correct adaptor then as previously stated its a case of swapping the wires.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

Rom
    2nd Gear

Status
    I was reading up some threads about head units etc the other day.

Andy someone, (who makes the stealth box things) said that original stereos get the on off signal from the CAN bus. So you can either buy an expensive CAN bus emulator. Or run a switched live from the fuse box.
    Think there is a fuse there call Radio S Kont or something similar. Ill see if i can find the thread.

The swapping wires thing is common on vauxhalls etc. Most looms have bullet connectors on the red/yellow to allow this. But if there is no switched feed, this wont help you.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    I was reading up some threads about head units etc the other day.

Andy someone, (who makes the stealth box things) said that original stereos get the on off signal from the CAN bus. So you can either buy an expensive CAN bus emulator. Or run a switched live from the fuse box.
    Think there is a fuse there call Radio S Kont or something similar. Ill see if i can find the thread.

The swapping wires thing is common on vauxhalls etc. Most looms have bullet connectors on the red/yellow to allow this. But if there is no switched feed, this wont help you.
    if you could find that thread it would be brilliant mate, im going to go look in the fuse box now for that fuse to see if its there

Reverse Gear

Status
    just checked the fuse box n no 'radio s kont' fuse. looks like another trip to halford, is this the thing i need?

Halfords | Connects2 IGNI-GEN Universal CAN-BUS Ignition Feed Generator.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As long as that module accepts the can signal even with car ignition only turned on & not just when started then looks ok, as it states it only works when engine is running which I think is wrongly worded tbh, I suggest buy/try & if no good return.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the reply mate, i totally forgot a mate of mine used to do the electrics on aston martins. been on the phone to him and he's gonna sort it

Reverse Gear

Status
    radio is in and working, just need to buy a new surround as i broke the bottom clips when taking it off. all he done was swapped the red and yellows on the pioneer harness then ran a lead from the fuse box for the ignition. he's going to make me a relay so it emulates the original head unit by not turning it off till i take the keys out

2nd Gear

Status
    Excellent, glad you are sorted.

Cheers,
    si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmy Storey View Post
    radio is in and working, just need to buy a new surround as i broke the bottom clips when taking it off. all he done was swapped the red and yellows on the pioneer harness then ran a lead from the fuse box for the ignition. he's going to make me a relay so it emulates the original head unit by not turning it off till i take the keys out
    Where abouts are you? Ever since i installed my poineer i have always wanted the system to stay on until i take the keys out but just figured its one of the things i would loose as i swapped over... once he has installed the relay let me know if it works and if so i would be interested in one too
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Where abouts are you? Ever since i installed my poineer i have always wanted the system to stay on until i take the keys out but just figured its one of the things i would loose as i swapped over... once he has installed the relay let me know if it works and if so i would be interested in one too
    im in durham mate