Sun Visor/Vanity lights

Djwoody

Reaction score
How do you turn them on?
Both the driver and passenger side in my 2008 A3 don't turn on, and I can't see a switch.
I've checked the bulbs and they're fine.

Chris

On our 2006 car, the vanity lights turn on when you pull down the sun visor to look into the mirror. There is no switch as such, but there must be a sensor in the sun visor itself. Strange that both don't turn on. Perhaps a look into the settings with VCDS may turn up a reason for this behaviour. There may be a setting to turn-on this feature. Experienced VCDS drivers will know. Check on the fuse just in case.

Last edited:
On my 2008 S3 they come on automatically when you slide open the mirror covers.

On our 2006 car, the vanity lights turn on when you pull down the sun visor to look into the mirror. There is no switch as such, but there must be a sensor in the sun visor itself. Strange that both don't turn on. Perhaps a look into the settings with VCDS may turn up a reason for this behaviour. There may be a setting to turn-on this feature. Experienced VCDS drivers will know. Check on the fuse just in case.

****** ! - my 2006 sportback doesn't have any vanity mirror lights. Mind you it's not French, maybe that's why ?? lol