New Centre Console buttons And Airbag Light

matt123890

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Dont know if anyone can help me but when i fitted my Rnse i upgraded to the MY 09 buttons (i think,the one with single chrome strip at bottom).

Since then i have had airbag light showing in the instrument cluster. When changing to the new buttons i had to repin the plug for esp and airbag light as the old connectors went from two connectors into one. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this plug so i can check i have the wires in the correct place !

Esp Works fine but i cant get pass airbag inop light to illuminate and cant get rid of Airbag light in the Cluster.

Any Help would be greatly appriciated as i need to get car MOT sorted and am worried they will fail it due to this light

Regards

Matt

Hold on, show me a pic of your new console buttons as I suspect you havnt got MY09 buttons, but infact MY10 onwards as MY09 were still seperate, but MY10 became one unit, I suspect you've made a mistake with wiring somewhere.

Reactions: matt123890
Hi NHN,

Think your right it has chrome on both edges. Any Help Is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

Yeh mate uv got the new style you will have to go back a year

what you mean i have to buy some more buttons ?? will they fit in this cage??

Surely there is a way to repin the plug to get this to work ! i cant get my elsa win to work to check diagrams tho !

to be honest i never turn airbag off so would just be happy to repin it to get the light in the cluster out for the MOT.

Yes thats a MY11 buttons, you will be able to repin, but you'd need a wiring schematic unless you pay someone else to do for you.

Reason why they swapped to the all in one unit, is because of the terrible alignment issues of the MY09 console buttons.

There's a thank button :p I'm trying to get a new set of ceramic steak knives

Ok I can confirm that these newer MY11 buttons can 100% be wired in, namely because I just fitted mine to the SB, so thats that :)

what cage compatibly is there with all of the buttons nige, is it my11 cage only or does it go all the way back to thr prefacelift cage

Will fit any dd cage tbh, although there is a C & D cage iirc, but the 1 for rns fits them perfectly, I know the other dd cage just requires a minor dremelling for the hazard button to fit facelift wise anyway, they look sooooooooo much better alignment wise Phil, buttt, try finding the 1 you want in etka, there's damn untold of them, you have to do your pr code checks & match up for your console buttons, tpms 1 was fun to find lol.

ahh good ill dig out what i can good o know its only a dremel required worst case i will post a summary of the part numbers :), out of curiosity for the new heater unit what is involved, a re-wire necissary? im looking into the ccunit change :)

If you have a mid 07 onwards then you possibly have the heater system for climate, just remove glovebox & look for the orange or blue motor/cam system on the heater fan unit right side, if you dont have, then its dash out & heater system changes along with some minor wiring adjustments.

Yeah most dd's dont need modding, but 1 type did, only come across it once, took about 20 minutes to mod to fit, easy overall, but yours will fit fine I reckon.

i have an econ climate unit i thought tht was the deciding factor? or were a small number cross compatible

Cheers for confirming that they can be wired in nige I still can't get my elsawin to work *** !! I will try and get a copy of a mate to see if I can get wiring diagram for it !

Nope its as stated mate, you need to visually check, aircon unit doesnt denote as there were darker units used on the updated heater system in 07/08 before the chrome version & afaik the ac button wasnt brought in until the facelift module was it?

Guys,

After messing about with the wiring and consulting the diagrams on elsawin i had a wire in the wrong position i have moved this now but pretty sure i need VCDS to clear light form my cluster is that correct?
But i thought by switching to pass airbag off in glove box it would make the pass airbag off light illuminate without the need for VCDS am i wrong ?? surly the system should work without having to clear the controller of the faults ?

If so maybe i still dont have the wiring correct !!

I believe with airbag faults you do have clear vcds. I'll be back in bristol next week with mine if you want me to come over and clear them for you?? or just do a scan for faults??

Your passenger light should still come on though when you turn it off, are you sure that you glove box is connected??
Whens your MOT?

Hi Nige,

I have connected pins #2 and #3 on connector T10AB.

#2 -gn/ro (2006 model didnt have the black and white cable so looked back on 2006 schematic)
#3 - ge/li

One thing confusing me is that on the wiring diagram there is a 8 or a 9 on each wire under the connector number should these maybe be the pins rather than the #2 or #3 numbers??

Thanks for your help nige and how much is VDCS from you ??

Rich,

Thanks very much for the offer i may take you up on it i have been looking at getting a cable myself off nige but if i cant (depends on cashflow) i would greatly appriciate your help.

Will let ya know mate

Must the a cross over version then, be good to get part number.

Missed the little note on wiring diagrams saying those pin postions have been superceeded ! All working great now and even the light in the cluster has cleared !!

Cheers for all the help Guys

Thread revival I have just got MY11 centre console buttons and have the same problem, what are the new pins for the airbag light and also the ESP light so I can get them working, my elsawin is playing up at the moment won't show any diagrams what so ever. Any help appreciated thanks

Another Thread revival sorry guys just want to know how everyone has repinned there Airbag and ESP to the new centre trim that has new style all 3 buttons (Auto stop start, ESP and Airbag) to one connector?