So what tourag was it...

marriedblonde

Reaction score

Friday night driving back down the a3 to sunny southampton I am behind a tourag Tdi (no other marking) I've got my Tdi in sport mode and I am just a tad faster and I mean just a tad. This is ith a dragon tuning box fitted so what engine was in the ****** thing as it was quick!

J.

Must have been the 3.0 TDI. Plenty of power but the weight blunts it a little. One of those left me for dust a week or so ago, but then again my A6 2.0 is standard at the moment.

Last year I was following a V10 version. I'm assuming he got bored of me buzzing his tail, cause all of a sudden he just went down the road like he'd hit the nitrous button !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Probably the Diesel V10. Two turbos, 310 BHP, 553 lbs-ft !!!

Just sit back and laugh at the dickhead who's spent so much on a VW,despite the press pretty much slating the car compared with it's rivals.

Could have been worse.

The same dickhead could have spent his money on a Porsche Cayenne.

Damn they're ugly !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Lets hope this Q7 is going to be good, maybe with the A8 4.2 TDI engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Could have been worse.

The same dickhead could have spent his money on a Porsche Cayenne.

Damn they're ugly !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to look out my living room at one all the bleeding time,as the bloke across the road has one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think the badged TDI is the lowly spec 2.5, whereas the 3.00 and 5.00 TDI are usually badged as 3.00 TDI and 5.00 v10 TDI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd go along with that. 2.5 puts out 175bhp, so probably more like 185-190bhp in reality together with a decent torque level. Yes it is a lot heavier but will probably be geared lower so would give a chipped 2.0 TDI a decent fight on the straights.

Hmmmm perhaps they aren;t as slow as I thought then... Defo not one of the v10's as I've driven one of those and it went like sh!t off a shovel - unfeasabley fast for such a big car!

Personally I really like the Tourags and now the prices are falling am thinking of getting one for Claire.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
Lets hope this Q7 is going to be good, maybe with the A8 4.2 TDI engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't be hoping anything of the sort. Big 4WD "off road" cars are a blot on the landscape and I hate the things and the people that drive them. More weight, less performance, worse handling, less mpg, less manoevreability in traffic, harder to park, more expensive, faster depreciation.... all for the sake of joining the wannabee country club? F*kin pathetic. Sorry MarriedBlonde, but I had to say it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

If you have kids etc. that want you to put their bikes in the car every night when you take the dog out they are superb, you can just open the back and bung everything in.
To be honest anyone who is on a car forum who goes on about depreciation, expense and wannabee club I just don't get?

Why did you buy your car? why not get a cheap 3 year old ford focus, good car, will not loose much now etc. etc.?

Jungle each to thier own, the reason we want something big is we are planning on starting a family at some point.

After watching a few scary crashes on the motoring shows and in real life we decided we want something bigger to protect the family. Also Claires got a bad back, not helped by her recent accident either, so wants something she doesn't need to bend down to put the child in. The sensible choice will be the Rav-4 shes after but she also loves the tourag...

J.

[ QUOTE ]

After watching a few scary crashes on the motoring shows and in real life we decided we want something bigger to protect the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from, but the higher centre of gravity in a 4x4 makes them fekin leathal.

Agreed that you get a nice high vantage point, and the ladder chassis will cut through most things thus keeping you safe, but if you've ever had to swerve in an emergency in one, you'd never drive one again.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have kids etc. that want you to put their bikes in the car every night when you take the dog out they are superb, you can just open the back and bung everything in.
To be honest anyone who is on a car forum who goes on about depreciation, expense and wannabee club I just don't get?

Why did you buy your car? why not get a cheap 3 year old ford focus, good car, will not loose much now etc. etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you have described - putting a dog and bikes in the back - has been achieved with normal estate cars for years. How, exactly, does having more ground clearance, bigger wheels, chrome bull bars and 4WD help you fit the dog and kids in the back?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a little unfair, I mean our grandparents managed without Curries and chinese meals, but we love them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It's more choice to the customer, so it's the persons own choice.

I have to completey disagree with you, you can't just bung the kids bike in the back of an estate, they don't fit. In fact there are not that many 4x4's you can just open up the back and put the bike in and the dog, we bought an ML for doing exactly this.
I did actually sell it because I wanted a nice car again and hated the ML, I knew I would when I bought it, but it was a compromise so we could do the things we wanted to do as a family, but it was such a dog to drive we got rid of it.
And you are right it was expensive and over enginered, but given the choice of a merc or an old beat up 4x4 I went for the merc because like just about everyone else on here I am a car snob.

[quoteI see where you're coming from, but the higher centre of gravity in a 4x4 makes them fekin leathal.

Agreed that you get a nice high vantage point, and the ladder chassis will cut through most things thus keeping you safe, but if you've ever had to swerve in an emergency in one, you'd never drive one again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you've never driven one of the new big soft roaders? they can be hussled at very high speed through the twisties. Evo mag tested the Cayenne Turbo round thier favourite race track in the uk (can;t remember which one it was) and it lapped quicker than an e46 m3.

The v10 version of the tourag I drove is a reasonable handling piece of kit, I was amazed at the speed which it could be thrown through the corners. Given the choice of driving something like a tourag or a renault Scenic, citroen picasso I know which one I would rather have...

[ QUOTE ]
Everything you have described - putting a dog and bikes in the back - has been achieved with normal estate cars for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying jungle, is that if i had a Audi Allroad, With the suspension on 'high' i'll be an ****, but with it on 'low' i'm an alright kind of guy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jungle each to thier own, the reason we want something big is we are planning on starting a family at some point.

After watching a few scary crashes on the motoring shows and in real life we decided we want something bigger to protect the family. Also Claires got a bad back, not helped by her recent accident either, so wants something she doesn't need to bend down to put the child in. The sensible choice will be the Rav-4 shes after but she also loves the tourag...

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a family and there's no need for a big 4x4.
The crash protection thing doesn't necessarily hold water either as the likes of a Freelander gets only 2 or 3 Encap stars for occupant protection,whereas many smaller cars get 5 stars.

I can see where you're coming from regarding the ease of access though.
My wife's 'pseudo' 4x4 (Honda HRV which is 2wd most of the time) is far easier to take our daughter in and out of than my A3.

We also need 4x4 for the winters up here,as the childminder lives up a hill that my A4 just could not get up in the snow.

The Toyota RAV4/Honda HRV scenario doesn't bother me,but the big 4x4 thing does.Where I live,one cannot move for BMW X5's or XC90's,all of which have tiny 'trophy wives' driving them.

Bumping up a kerb is as close as they'll ever get to going off road.

These people don't feel 'safer' in these cars.
They feel superior. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

[ QUOTE ]
plenty of accidents involve cars running out of road on corners and hitting even bigger things like trees and walls, where extra weight and height probably increase your chances of crashing in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

...i'm pretty sure statistically, more small, light hot hatches lose it on bends than 4x4's.

[ QUOTE ]
That's some budget scope you've got there MB...
Toyota RAV4 or Tourag !
There must be £20K seperates them !

[/ QUOTE ]

No if you read one of my earlier threads you'll see I mentioned second hand tourags! The Rav4 we want is around the £19K mark new and the second hand tourag's are circa £24K so the scope isn't that great. Although given the choice I would love the v10 version but it's just a little out of my price range... I can't quite see Claire moving to a small house so I can spend £50K on a car some how

I used to have a fuel fairy with my last job hence I could afford to put £200 a week in the R32 - £80 a week on fuel in tax was just about palletable... Most garages would take it regardless of the car I was driving. I've got a private plate and change my cars quite often so the fuel card was for the private plate although it seemed to spend most of it's time on retention.

J.

Jesus,are RAV4's that expensive ??
My missus will be getting a used one then...
I could get a Honda CRV with the 2.2 ctdi engine for that.

[ QUOTE ]
...i'm pretty sure statistically, more small, light hot hatches lose it on bends than 4x4's.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you don't think that has anything to do with the fact that they're driven by 19 yr olds?

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus,are RAV4's that expensive ??
My missus will be getting a used one then...
I could get a Honda CRV with the 2.2 ctdi engine for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5 door petrol is about £20K for the one with leather, sun roof. not even the highest spec one. The diesel's even dearer! But you can buy one of the web for a decent discount

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me you can;t move for Cayenne's, Range rovers and X5's here in the morning doing the school run. Where I live I have 2 choices when leaving for work, I can opt for the short route and try to fend off the mothers driving the tanks or take the long route...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean on your way to work MB?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey - forget 4x4's - check out the little woman's new motor - safe, secure and dead easy to park - the emphasis being on dead...

Roll on global warming...

warrior5.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I really like the Tourags and now the prices are falling am thinking of getting one for Claire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate! Just changed my name by deed poll so wheres my car?
That will be the V10 thanks. Black please...when your ready /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Heres $500 off the list price Rick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Park%20Cities%20VW%20Touareg%20Ad%20(DMN%20June%202004)%20s.jpg

feck this gay sh!t marriedblonde, where are the beach and shower shots that we can perv over?

MB, so you a new marriedblonde eh ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope you weren't wearing a Gary Glitter outfit on your staggers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
feck this gay sh!t marriedblonde, where are the beach and shower shots that we can perv over?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Yup,I'll have the auntie as well thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Hands off, i saw her first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Bagsy the aunty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can hear the whistling as this thread picks up speed as it plummets earthwards..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there are some bikini shots on the back of the boat but I aint posting them up on the web /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very interested in boats. Perhaps you could post the shots just for my sake?

Im very interested in bikini's so ill have them too!

As long as the bikini shots are of the auntie,yeah post them !