Computer LCD Screen Fault

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Hi guys

I noticed a fault with the rectangular computer screen situated in the centre of the dials. Basically, a part of its backlighting has burnt out, leaving a black line running through it whilst the rest is lit up red

Just wondering if this is known to happen and whether it's likely to get worse? i.e. is more of the screen likely to burn out after time?

Also, how much does it cost to replace this little screen and how difficult of a job is it to replace?

Thanks. I'll try and post a picture if I've not explained the fault too well

SCFC, yes do post a photo. If this is a horizontal line, it may be the separator between top and bottom display areas. In this case, don't worry. If your black line is vertical, there may well be a display problem. Sorry, but no idea on replacement costs.

Yeh get a photo up mate, I have a thin black horizontal line on mine as well but im sure its supposed to be there

Perfectly normal. They all have that. Its the split between the colour and mono colour screen.

THIS IS NOT A FAULT.

THANK YOU.

I've had the car 5 weeks and thought I would have noticed it before last night had it always been there, which is why I presumed its only recently occured. Obviously not. It reminded me of a fault with my Nintendo DS where a part of the screen died leaving a thick black line right across it. I figured it was the same thing. Thanks for putting me in my place.

Last edited: