Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Some new little bits for the interior .....

Just picked these up yesterday. Small but perfectly formed .....

.....and fitted .....

Also replaced the switch blanking plate on the right with this .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Oooo nice.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Both bits look really sweet! It's the little details that make ALL the difference, well done Rob. xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

6th Gear

Status
    I want one of those s line thingy ma bobs, how much and where did you get that from?

Looks smart.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    Thank you all

Both bits came from CarStyle4you and were reasonably priced. Took about 3 weeks to arrive though as I guess they are made to order.
    What I really like is that they start out with 100% genuine Audi parts and then modify them so that the materials and finish are completely authentic. There's a decent choice of styles as well for both the glove box trim and the switch blanks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2k68 View Post
    Thank you all

Both bits came from CarStyle4you and were reasonably priced. Took about 3 weeks to arrive though as I guess they are made to order.
    What I really like is that they start out with 100% genuine Audi parts and then modify them so that the materials and finish are completely authentic. There's a decent choice of styles as well for both the glove box trim and the switch blanks.
    Glad you got yours I already have that small blank cover but I have Audi rings on mine but the glove box cover never came numerous emails over 2-3 months finally got a refund I would never use them again. Not trying to put anyone of but I'd make sure they have the item on stock before you place your order with them.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

1st Gear

Status
    Doesn't look like they do them for 2012 models. I'd be tempted by an ejector seat or oil slick button.

2nd Gear

Status
    I bought the ejector seat one for mine last year, looks great and lights up with the others....

Status

she's no d-turbo

Status
    Those illuminated glove box bits look like a good mod!
    For Sale -
    A3 rear wiper motor and arm
    A3 air vents
    56plate A3 S-Line full speaker system including amp

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I like the sline one, but I cant see the point of having a bose console button that basically does nothing if the grill have bose on anyway, but each to there own

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Are the switch blanking thingys easy to fit? no hardcore wiring involved is there haha

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reepers View Post
    Are the switch blanking thingys easy to fit? no hardcore wiring involved is there haha
    Yes they're very straight forward. You have to take the radio out to gain access then just push the switch blank out from behind. The wiring piggy backs off the ESP switch so very much plug and play!

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    How would I go about removing the Headunit - I have the Concert Bose.
    RegardsHeliFellaVCDS newbie.8V now ordered...I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/ '61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates, gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Helifella View Post
    How would I go about removing the Headunit - I have the Concert Bose.
    4 radio keys slot them in then slide the head unit out.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

2nd Gear

Status
    Love the S-Line bit mate!

I really like the look of the bose grills but not sure if they are really worth the £60..... They do look pretty cool though..

Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I think i will be getting the Bose grills and the Sline glove box cover. looks quite nice

Rob2k68; can you post up a pic of what the glove box looks like from the drivers seat? i want to get a bit of perspective of the S-Line cover from more of a distance
    Thanks
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Just add these now mate...

Red is the colour..

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    Just add these now mate...

I installed one of those a couple weeks back and i have to say it looks sweet in person... I am getting mine ordered very shortly!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ah sod it, I think I will just get them.

Cheers!
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Rob2k68; can you post up a pic of what the glove box looks like from the drivers seat? i want to get a bit of perspective of the S-Line cover from more of a distance
    Thanks
    Here you go Ash, looks better in the flesh tho the photo doesn't really do it justice :-

@ Quattro 1981 - it was your post of those grilles on the 'Bose or not' thread that put me onto that website so cheers mate

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i cant decide which one looks better... your one or this:

and for those with a Quattro you can get this:

from here OEM Audi TT quattro sport dash trim piece
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    Think the above is a tad much... stands out a bit.... each to there own though.

Si

3rd Gear

Status
    My Quattro came with the word Quattro on the plate anyway.

Tempted by the BOSE blanking plate, but am I right in saying that the start-stop button is there anyway? My car's a few hundred miles away at an airport right now, so I can't check.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

you think that stands out? you should see the illuminated glove box emblems...

here is a taster

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    you think that stands out? you should see the illuminated glove box emblems...

here is a taster

Lol, that looks cool. I think it must be the up close pic that makes it stand out more....

Si

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

there are loads of designs but it is fairly steep in price for the small item that it is

can see them all here: CarStyle4you
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah I think they are steep and there is only so much bose logos I think I need so I might just go for the grills.

Si

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    I have a quattro - so the quattro badge is stamped in nice and deep on the glove box rather than engraved (don't have a pic to hand right now!).. plus the location being right in front of your eyeline, I dont reckon the illuminated glovebox bit would look too good in the daytime. The speaker grilles are down in a dark part of the interior so they look alright any time of day.. When the LED's are off, the bit they shine through is kinda milky - I'll try and get a pic in a bit.. I also agree with A3_S-line, Bose overload on the logos! The speaker grilles are plenty
    Red is the colour..

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Here you go Ash, looks better in the flesh tho the photo doesn't really do it justice :-

@ Quattro 1981 - it was your post of those grilles on the 'Bose or not' thread that put me onto that website so cheers mate
    Now just need the 2011 RNS-e.....
    Red is the colour..

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    Now just need the 2011 RNS-e.....
    I was very tempted when looking to replace the Concert ii+ that came in mine, settled with the Symphony ii+ and a Dension Gateway 100 ipod connector instead. Was worried about the RNS-E attracting the wrong kind of attention which is a shame as it looks like a great piece of kit . Think a remap of some sort will be the next thing .........

2nd Gear

Status
    I was very tempted when looking to replace the Concert ii+ that came in mine, settled with the Symphony ii+ and a Dension Gateway 100 ipod connector instead. Was worried about the RNS-E attracting the wrong kind of attention which is a shame as it looks like a great piece of kit . Think a remap of some sort will be the next thing .........
    I've got a Concert in my 2011 BE, not even a Concert II (how do they decide what to put in...?). What is the easiest/next best upgrade, like you although I'd like nan RNS-e I think the fitting is a bit too much aof a rigmarole...

Does the Symphony II+ slot straight in, need coding etc?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    Yes it slots straight in but will likely need coding unless the car it came from has exactly the same equipment as yours Bluetooth,MFSW, etc also coding takes into account diesel or petrol and type of interior.

My symphony ii+ came from eBay and had a dodgy screen so I replaced it with one from a TT.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    I've got a Concert in my 2011 BE, not even a Concert II (how do they decide what to put in...?). What is the easiest/next best upgrade, like you although I'd like nan RNS-e I think the fitting is a bit too much aof a rigmarole...

How can you not have a concert 2 in your 2011 BE, they dont fit older units anymore.

I believe I have a concert 2+ available if anyone's interested

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    How can you not have a concert 2 in your 2011 BE, they dont fit older units anymore.

I believe I have a concert 2+ available if anyone's interested
    It's probably my ignorance speaking, mine just says "Concert" on it and I'd assumed it would say "Concert II"? I don't even know what the difference between the I, II and II+ is - is there somewhere that states it?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Single, double din, mp3 on cd, auxin compatibility, just newer units have of course different design & feature set

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Single, double din, mp3 on cd, auxin compatibility, just newer units have of course different design & feature set
    Ah right, so mine is a single CD that plays MP3's, has the Aux in so is a Concert II? or II+? Does that mean it is double DIN as well? (which I think is a form factor for the cage that hodls it is that right?)

P.S Rob2k68 - sorry for the gratuituous thread derail

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Double din was defacto from late 06/07 onwards.

Sounds like a concert 2+, auxin is possible if its fitted of course.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers as ever NHN, I'm slowly learning I have the AUX in socket on mine so I guess that means I'm a 2+

From what i understand then, I could physically fit an RNS-e without any major work to the dash, but I would need to get it coded...?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes it would fit, but you'd need coding, rewiring of the auxin & the antenna system would need an upgrade for optimal reception, PM if interested