whats it worth

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
looking at a deal on a A3 2.0 tdi 140 with 119K sport cream leather 2004 with a
2007 front end in black
what are they goin for
iv looked on the bay auto trader ect but there either asking way to much or very low prices

Last edited:
i always try them
im after a real world value not book

sorry forgot to put its a 1004 with a 2007 front

Ah that changes things then... £4k to £6k then I would say, but I am no trader!!

The updated front end won't really give it a massive increase on price unfortunately

id say about 4500 to 5000 cream leather not the most sought after and front end doesnt seem to make difference unless your a show pony. cylinder head check though could save you loads of dough in the long run

Agreed on price, about £5000 id pay the front end it's just how it looks the extras are the only thing that will bump up the price if it's really well specced.

I've been looking this week too.
Mileage and specs are the big deciders. We've got a 04 Sport 2.0 Tdi traded in at work I'm buying.

90k, Full Audi history, cambelt etc.
Cruise
Bose
Leather/ Alcantara

Assume rest is standard on sport, dual climate, etc. I'm still new to specs etc. So probably has more lol.

Closest I've found on autotrader is 5.5k, 2k miles more and no Bose, rest is same though.Plenty around low to mid 4k, but high miles, or no leather etc.

Last edited:
Shame that you can only really ask the standard price for a 2004 year car.

The front end conversion should in theory add loads to the car, but in reality most people are put off. First thing id ask is it a smash repair jobby.

Lots of people ask big money but rarely get it in todays shocking 2nd hand market. You can pick up an 8l S3 for sub £3k now! i dont expect to get more than £1500 for my 51plate A3 :(

Weigh up what the car has cost you and how long youv had it and compare that to the current market and settle with a sum that your happy with, and then expect tyre kickers :)

Last edited:
Agreed I have no idea what mine is worth 54 reg 1.6 FSI. Book value roughly £4500
But extras are:
FBMFSW
Bluetooth
SDS
Cruise
Leather/alcantra
front end conversion- no damage or crashes
iPod connection
Rns-e
Dual climate
Rs6 alloys

I could never let it go for £4500 and only cars with same spec are £9k plus.