Diesel Engines....

Remster

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Audi are planning to drop the 2.5 or 3.0 TDI engines into the A3 and if not why not? I would guess maybe a size issue with the 3.0l but the i think the 2.5 would be quite nice! It'd certianly have some poke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

whats the engine layout of the 3.2 isn't that longitunial ? If the 3.2 v6 petrol's in an A3 why not the 2.7tdi ?

[ QUOTE ]
whats the engine layout of the 3.2 isn't that longitunial ? If the 3.2 v6 petrol's in an A3 why not the 2.7tdi ?

[/ QUOTE ]

All engines in an A3 are transverse. There is a longitudinal version of the 3.2 for A4,A6 and A8 also.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a longitudinal version of the 3.2 for A4,A6 and A8 also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a totally different engine, not just a version for longitudinal installations.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a longitudinal version of the 3.2 for A4,A6 and A8 also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a totally different engine, not just a version for longitudinal installations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my wording, but i'm sure there will be a lot of common parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm sure I read somewhere that the it's a narrow angle V in the A3 3.2, and a wide angle V in the A4/A6/A8 3.2.

Fortunately VW manged to use the mkIII Golf as the test bed for this engine - the early ones where plagued with problems - head gaskets failures, head's cracking, over heating etc but they sorted it all out and it's been great since...