HELP! Knocking noise after fitting v maxx coilovers

Paul-S3

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help

Fitted my v maxx coilovers on saturday and apart from a little rubbing issue that is now sorted every thing is fine. Then yesterday out of the blue the car developed a knocking noise from the front, if you slow down and then pull away it knocks and if you slow down fast it knocks. Now the v maxx are incredibly FIRM and HARSH, the car crashes and bounces all over the place. I'm wondering if maybe it could be the rear engine mount has gone as these will be under a lot more load now.

Any idea's though would be appreciated

Thanx

Paul

Which V Maxx's do you have? Mine are firm but I prefer it that way.

School boy error, lol

When i was fitting the bentley rims on the car i was talking to a mate at the same time, i had nipped the wheels up ready to drop the car down and then torqued them up, except i must've been too busy talking and i had only torqued up 3 of the wheels, so as the car is such a hard ride now it had loosened the nuts on the front passenger side, i was lucking that the bentleys have the centre caps as it was stopping the bolts actually unscrewing themselves all the way out.

Lesson learned, double check your work when you've been busy chatting away to a friend, lol, could've been nasty.