2004 Audi a3 tdi - DSG - P R N D S flashing???

danrowe

Reaction score
Right I just got my car back from a cam belt change plus waterpump and new cv joints. After driving it away from the garage I notice the PRNDS is flashing on and off. It drives completely fine and changes through the gears with no issues? 14 months ago I had issues with the DSG gearbox and had to replace the entire mechatronics unit which was costly.

I am tearing my hair out to what this could be.. any ideas or where I should go from here??

Thanks!

Only 2 things will make the PRNDS flash: defective Transmission Computer(F125)(most common) or defective valve body (rarely). If it's the Computer, a fault will be stored under 2/Trans electronics. If it's the valve body, no codes will be stored. Tell ur dealer to read MVP #65(measure values) under 2/trans electronics. On the valve body measuring blocks, 2 zeros indicate a good valve body - anything else can be questioned.

1. I would try to cycle the ignition first to see if PRNDS disappears.
2. If no joy then get the fault codes read and we can advise further

This happened to me to my old 2007 2.0T dsg and if I started it in neutral it never flashed had to do This for a few weeks then just one day it just stopped doing it just like that in the same way it just come on one day, mine used to drive perfectly but flashes got really annoying but was glad when it went, but I got the mechatronics changed a few months later.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I cycle the ignition? Thanks

Duh. That doesnt solve anything unfortunately. Annoying as it was fine when it went into the garage.. could they have done anything to of caused this to happen maybe? :S

Only a thought....Wonder if they undid the gearbox fill/drain screw by mistake thinking it was diff screw?
Thus causing low oil in the gearbox assy.

Just gone to move it onto my drive and doesnt seem to be fashing now? done this a couple of times already though. So annoying if I get it on a machine and its not flashing will it still show a fault code?

If there was a fault then the fault code would have been logged, get it scanned.