Auto Lock disabling

lizandand

Reaction score
We are using our Feb 2007 S3 for an MSA Sprint on Sunday for the first time.

We need to disable the Auto Lock system as the marshalls must be able to open the doors with the engine running. A helpful technician at HWM told me how to disable the feature using the wiper-stalk menu buttons but our car does not have that item on the "set" menu.

HWM's only alternative was to have them do it for 1/2 hr labour. And do it again after the event etc. £60 each time!

What about pulling the fuse(s) for the central locking after both front doors are opened?

Can the tailgate still be opened if the fuses are out?

Does anything else stop working or get confused??

Hoping you can help.

PS My first post!

Thanks

And

You should just be able to press the unlock button on the drivers door when the engine is on.

My A3 has the option in the DIS to disable/enable the autolocking feature, my car is MY2009 though.

If you (or know anyone) with vcds this can be disabled in a matter of seconds.

I don't know where the relevant fuses would be though.

We are using our Feb 2007 S3 for an MSA Sprint on Sunday for the first time.

We need to disable the Auto Lock system as the marshalls must be able to open the doors with the engine running. A helpful technician at HWM told me how to disable the feature using the wiper-stalk menu buttons but our car does not have that item on the "set" menu.

HWM's only alternative was to have them do it for 1/2 hr labour. And do it again after the event etc. £60 each time!

What about pulling the fuse(s) for the central locking after both front doors are opened?

Can the tailgate still be opened if the fuses are out?

Does anything else stop working or get confused??

Hoping you can help.

PS My first post!

Thanks

And

Hi, welcome to ASN. Where are you located? We have a VCDS user map and im sure we can ind someone lose by to ou to disable this function. Enjoy the forum. Post some pics up of the car, we love our pics on here. :)

Just unlock the doors with the switch.
They won't re-lock unless you slow to less than the locking speed and then exceed it.Shouldn't happen on the track as you wouldn't be doing less than 10mph [that's when mine lock]
Also,they unlock automatically in the event of a shunt....but you won't need that feature!
Cheers
Len

If you're doing this several times a year then vcds would be a worthy investment not just for this option either :)

But, you wouldnt disagree with me huh.

HELL no!

Wise words there, mate!

Smashie_and_Nicey.jpeg

its a 1 minute coding option on VCDS... i could even do it wit my eyes closed! (someone would need to tell me if im hot or cold with the mouse pointer)

Yeah but its having the tools to do it, not the time to complete lol.

Mine has a DIS option too - took me about 2 days to deactivate it, when I got bored of having to unlock the car every time I picked someone up.

Hi there, I am new to the forum as I have recently purchased an audi a3 2 litre TDCi sport. Love my new purchase and will always buy audi now I think. However this feature is annoying me eveyrime I drop somebody off, if I turn round to recollect them I have to open their door once again and as new car I forget and end up looking silly. What is the tool you ate mentioning to deactivate this setting, or is there any other way of deactivating simply through my cars settings. Will post pictures of my car soon as I take some decent ones. Thanks and glad to be part of forum. Kristian