Where to get my DPF removed and remapped in London

santosc

Reaction score
Hi all,

we are new to Audi, purchased a used Audi A3 2.0 170bhp 2007 reg just under 2 months ago and unfortunately have just got the famous dpf light, driving it on the motorway hasn't solved the problem and in fact coil light and another one i think converter is on as well now. Audi want £1600+ to change filter...its currently with an independent garage recommended by a friend who thinks he can clean it even though its 90% full.

Looked into it and would like your personal recommendations of companies who can do the whole thing, removing DPF and the software side of things too...thinking since we are in London this is only going to happen again so removing is the way forward.

We are thinking even if the guy can clean it to still have it removed in the next month or 2...or would you say don't even clean it just arrange a recovery vehicle to drive it up to the midlands where most of the companies seem to be based?

Any personal experiences on removing the filter and how much did you pay for the whole thing inc software fix?

Many thanks for your advice.

Cleide

Last edited:
i removed mine and fit the miltek dpf delete pipe and cat back system at the same time and got the lights maped out while i got it remaped, ive had this set up for 2 years now and only had the management come on once which was the brown dpf sensor going down, changed the sensor and been fine ever since, the diffrence in the car is unreal just from removing the dpf never mind the map as well, hope this helps

chris

i removed mine and fit the miltek dpf delete pipe and cat back system at the same time and got the lights maped out while i got it remaped, ive had this set up for 2 years now and only had the management come on once which was the brown dpf sensor going down, changed the sensor and been fine ever since, the diffrence in the car is unreal just from removing the dpf never mind the map as well, hope this helps

chris

I have had mine DPF removed by London Remaps. They have also remapped my BMW 320d from 163HP to 190HP. Massive difference.
Remapped was included in price. Entire job only took them 3 hours to complete. They are based in South London - Dulwich SE24, here is their website:
www.londonremaps.co.uk

I don't think there is a cheaper and better equipped place in London

Mark

Cleide, welcome to the forum! Same situation as me, but without the disco lights! did you buy it private then? or can you take it back? has it been town driving? When the first light came on it should have gone off after an active regeneration, bascially you driving it in 4th about 60 for 15 minutes, if the others have also come on im guessing the first one didnt stayed on?

Ive had the same dilemma, but mine came on again after driving 70 miles to London at 70 ish so a fault or its ******!

Ive also had a really bad hesitation on and off, mostly on so its got the point its with the garage and ive asked for a refund and currently waiting, i am without a doubt going for a 140 non dpf next time!

Chris, it is good to hear yours was done and been ok for that length of time, out of interest did you have any hesitations before you had it done mate?

Mark, do you remember what they charge?