Busy weekend, Coilovers and Bentleys now fitted

Paul-S3

Reaction score
Finally got round to fitting my V maxx coilovers (supplied by N8) Great bit of kit for the money, this is how she was sitting on the standard rims after they were fitted, needs the rear lowered just a little bit more and then i'll be happy with the height. but thought i'd wait till the bentleys went on to get a better idea of what to do with the height.

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

While fitting the coilovers i was totally disgusted at the state of my arches. Being one for always keeping my cars immaculately clean this was just not acceptable at all, lol, tbh with you, i dont think these arches have been cleaned since the car hit the road in 2004, lol. Anyway, here's the pics.

Before and Afters

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

After cleaning the arches it was time to offer up my new bentley's. I have fitted Falken FK452's in size 215/35/19. They look the absolute nuts on the car and i'm so happy i decided to go for the black instead of all silver. I've got no rubbing on the rears but the fronts rub when turning going over bumps. I'm gonna try removing the arch lining screws 2moro to see if that helps. Any other idea's welcome though. Anyway, enough of the talk, it's time for a little pic whoring :rockwoot:

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Reactions: FranA3 and Paullie
Nice work on the coilovers, wheels are not my cup of tea at all - too Macca's car park.

looking sweet! would go for the s line spoiler next :salute:

I wouldn't rock the wheels myself but I won't lie I like them a lot on the A3's. Just need old school S3 type arches to really make use of the width on those beasts. Good work :)

What's the ride like on the Vmaxx's with the 19's, thinking of getting some coils now myself.

Hi paul love the bentleys ,sets the car off nicely , looking forward to seeing the new front grill ,bumper etc fitted ,nathan folding mirrors would look mint on your car...:)

Quite the transformation there. Give the coils a while to settle, then drop the rear a touch more. Are the fronts 9" wide? What ET? I'm pretty sure the arch-screw only works on the rears.

Quite the transformation there. Give the coils a while to settle, then drop the rear a touch more. Are the fronts 9" wide? What ET? I'm pretty sure the arch-screw only works on the rears.

They are 9 x 19's all round mate with an ET41

Love the wheels, although I'm not sure I like that much stretch!

Hi Guys

Thanx for all the comments guys, much appreciated. I must say i'm extremely happy with how the car is looking and i love the bentley's. The good news is i also sorted out the rubbing issues on the front. I jacked up the car this morning, unscrewed the arch lining bolt and cut off the plastic clip. Took it out for another spin and the rubbing has gone. You can see on the pic below where the tyre was obviously catching the screw as it was starting to clean the screw head. So now i know the fronts are fine i will be lowering the rear a tad more to level the car up.

Untitled-3.png