2005 A3 3.2 DSG S-line Quattro - lumpy tickover

Nubbjuggler

Reaction score
Hi all, totally new to this site, and would like some feedback on a problem with my car.

When driving along the car runs perfectly, then all of a sudden if I stop at traffic lights for example, the tickover can turn all erratic and lumpy, then I may bunny hop away for a few feet then it clears, and at the next stop its fine and smooth only for it to happen again later on.

I have only just bought the car but would rather sort the problem myself rather than taking it all the way back to the dealer.

Any help on this would be appreciated

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to engines, but when I spoke to Audi about a service recently I was told that mine hadn't been in to have the coil packs checked under recall. So might be worth a call to Audi on that front as it won't cost you a bean.

Can you steadily hold 2000rpm when in neutral? Or do the revs jump up and down when trying?

any engine man. lights? still worth checking for codes even if the light isnt on. some codes dont automatically put the light on.

if its missing the ecu should pick up on which cylinder.

agreed on the coil pack recall, its worth a phone call atleast!

I take it audi will know if this car has been in, and would there be a time limit on the FREE repair, and also I am not the original owner?

where are you..not many people put their location ,if you are close to someone who has vag-com or a scanner they could help

Im in Worcester, I was just looking on e-bay for a diagnostic tool, but not sure which one to get?

Just phoned Audi Worcester the car is still eligable for free coilpack upgrade so its booked in for wednesday. :respekt:

Also check and see if it needs the ecu update and get this done at the same time as your coil packs there is info on here on the software update.

Here is the info you would give Audi

Engine software update
Tpi 2010289/3
Sum 8P01A005
Update disk 4F0906961N

You might have to pay to get this done.