FK sport grill

shady_character19

Reaction score
thought id share a quick picture of the FK sport grill i fitted to my car recently :) couldnt justify spending a silly amount on a genuine blackout grill so went for this instead . cost £17 from FK direct and £13 shipping from germany ,made from abs plastic and fitment is spot on . took a bit of a gamble as i couldnt find any on the forum anywhere so guess this will help anyone who may have considered one ? really suits the car ,will post pics of it on the car when i get chance .should match my black 3sdms nicely ......

sorry mate must have just missed it ! will get some more pics but for the price they are surprisingly good quality and fit

I have that exact grill on my red A3, but with the built in DRLs. Haven't wired them in yet though :(

I had mine done just after christmas and love it :)

6892444693e044ab9ba1b.jpg

but after only having the grille on about 3months its already seems to be fading :\

img0657ej.jpg

it may look like dirt but it seems that the grille is not black ABS plastic but lightly sprayed :( either that or someone who was jealous done something to it lol

but at the price they are if it gets worse or really gets under my skin I can get another one :)

looks good on your car mate shame about the wierd fading ? did you get the gloss black finish ? i got matt black to match the wheels im getting but hoping it was just black plastic rather than a coating

heres mine on car

Reactions: Paullie and MrWhItEwOlF
Has anyone got the FK S3 look grill. It's chrome surround with black centre instead of grey/chrome but the grill layout is the same so looks different enough not to be an S3 replica but still looks OEMish. Was thinking of getting one as its £40 whereas an OEM S3 is £250+

Has anyone got the FK S3 look grill. It's chrome surround with black centre

It also comes in all black! :) Here's a picture another member posted on here a few years back of his FK S3 style grill in all black.... I like a lot!!

DSCF0400.jpg

Last edited:
392479_10150705354372726_503032725_9457202_389555716_n.jpg

Great grills for the money.

The only issue is that the plastic is quite soft and seems to scratch fairly easily! But for £50 you can't really complain

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
Was looking at the gloss one myself as quite like the 2 slats at the bottom... not sure about the gloss finish though!

Has anyone got the FK S3 look grill. It's chrome surround with black centre instead of grey/chrome but the grill layout is the same so looks different enough not to be an S3 replica but still looks OEMish. Was thinking of getting one as its £40 whereas an OEM S3 is £250+

I have a black one without the chrome edge.

Looks smart, had it on for 10 months now.

I have a black one without the chrome edge.

Looks smart, had it on for 10 months now.
Ive went for the one with the chrome. But at these prices if you don't like your grill its fairly cheap to change :icon_thumright:

New grille looks sweet as, Shady! Love the fitted pic, really suits your car so well. :wub: xx

I got this as a replacement for a damaged grill and it looks quite good, as you say different enough but doesn't shout "aftermarket" too much like the all-black variant which I'm not keen on. There is a recess in the vertical slats that would allow chrome strips for the S3 look (have seen some sticky chrome strips on ebay quite cheap and considered it).

It's worth noting that these grills are one piece (the chrome border is part of the same one-piece) and what is actually done is the whole grill is chrome but the centre is painted satin black. A few stone chips on mine have revealed the chrome underneath. I have recently repainted the centre with the plastidip which should be more durable hopefully (this was after a year; it by no means looked bad but there were a couple of stone chips showing through).

I assume the all black versions are just not chrome and paint blacked/black plastic.

I got this as a replacement for a damaged grill and it looks quite good, as you say different enough but doesn't shout "aftermarket" too much like the all-black variant which I'm not keen on. There is a recess in the vertical slats that would allow chrome strips for the S3 look (have seen some sticky chrome strips on ebay quite cheap and considered it).

It's worth noting that these grills are one piece (the chrome border is part of the same one-piece) and what is actually done is the whole grill is chrome but the centre is painted satin black. A few stone chips on mine have revealed the chrome underneath. I have recently repainted the centre with the plastidip which should be more durable hopefully (this was after a year; it by no means looked bad but there were a couple of stone chips showing through).

I assume the all black versions are just not chrome and paint blacked/black plastic.
I think your right, seems to be all chrome then painted black. I don't know anything about manufacturing but it seems a backward way to do it, you'd think get a black one then add the chrome. Pretty happy with it though.

sorry to bring up an old thread but i like the grills in black, my crome surround is starting to bubble i was going to remove the grill and the crome edge and spray it all matt black plasti-cote from wilkinsons has any one used this.

some of you have used plasti-dip .

opinions please