Connecting iPod to Audi Concert

saintlysimon

S3 Sportback 2010
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a connection slot in my glove box.

I slot my iPod in, she lights up and starts charging.

But - nothing else happens?

What's going on?

Thanks

Check cd on settings next to aux on concert, press it...:)

Check cd on settings next to aux on concert, press it...:)

Hi mate
dont have a touch screen, just standard cd can't see any aux buttOn? I have fm am cd scan as tOne menu and to?

Hi mate its in settings somewhere i used to have a concert stereo in my first s3 , play around with stereo and look for cd on the display ,then press it with stereo button ,should be and empty box..

Hi check in menu on stereo ,look for aux in the display , cd is below that..

813993d4.jpg

Press menu , play around with scan button...

Mines is the same. Make sure there's no CD in the drive and it'll load it up from the Ipod. (make sure it's switched on, lol) It looks like a multichanger to the HU. Disc 1-5 are the first 5 playlists, disc 6 is the whole Ipod music collection. Just press CD and it should work.

Mines is the same. Make sure there's no CD in the drive and it'll load it up from the Ipod. (make sure it's switched on, lol) It looks like a multichanger to the HU. Disc 1-5 are the first 5 playlists, disc 6 is the whole Ipod music collection. Just press CD and it should work.

Hi mate I have the iPod turned on and pushed into 30 pin connector. No CD in the drive but it still will not recognise the iPod. I have and I pod touch fourth generation. Maybe it has something to do with the iPod do you use an iPod touch?

Like Sharian said press CD twice

You'll also find newer generation apple products won't charge so you need an adapter like this

IPHONE IPOD CHARGE ADAPTER CONVERTER 12V to 5V CTIPOD | eBay

Thanks for this.

Pressed twice, comes up with Ex Aux - then still, nothing happens.

Doesnt recognise the iPod at all.

Tried everything.

It does seem to be charging though, which is strange considering what you said about the adapter.

Any reason why this might be happening?

Thank you

Hi mate when you get ex aux , is cd symbol below this, if so scroll down and press it or try pressing aux,,Also when you plug in ipod does audi symbol come up on screen of ipod?Ohh and turn up volume on ipod, about half way...:)

Last edited:
Hi mate when you get ex aux , is cd symbol below this, if so scroll down and press it or try pressing aux,,Also when you plug in ipod does audi symbol come up on screen of ipod?Ohh and turn up volume on ipod, about half way...:)

Hi mate,

The only thing I get is Ex Aux - no option to scroll, no CD symbol. Not sure what you mean by 'try pressing aux' I dont have an aux button or option? Ipod charges, but no audi symbol that I can see - although it is slotted in the glove box, it does look like its charging though. volume up for sure, still nowt.

Very confused about this?!

Without the iPod in mine if I press CD twice I get an error bong

With the iPod in an Audi symbol appears on the device I press cd twice and its says Aux and the music starts

What iPod are you using/how old is it?

Right

Sorted it!

Thanks everyone.

Its an iPod 4 gen touch - so brand new.

I needed to insert a little widget into the case holding area, so it held the ipod in place properly.

Then clicked cd twice - with no cd in the drive

then click cd again - and as describe, 1-5 are my play lists, and 6 are all songs.

Not great however, no info text on the display, you cant scroll through albums etc

Thanks for the help!

Right

Sorted it!

Thanks everyone.

Its an iPod 4 gen touch - so brand new.

I needed to insert a little widget into the case holding area, so it held the ipod in place properly.

Then clicked cd twice - with no cd in the drive

then click cd again - and as describe, 1-5 are my play lists, and 6 are all songs.

Not great however, no info text on the display, you cant scroll through albums etc

Thanks for the help!

Yeahnthe connectivity is pretty poor

Glad you got it working though!