Guide for Removing Back Seats

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys

Looking to remove my rear door cards (3dr S3 by the way) maybe over the easter break so I can replace my arm rests.

I have never removed the rear seats before or spent a considerable amount of time working out how.

Has anyone a guide or rough idea on how to do this?

I believe the rear bench just needs a good pull??

There are some torque screws in the rear door cards plus poppers.

Any other info?

Thanks

Removing the rear bench is a breeze, just take the backrests off and then pull the front upwards near the edges and near the middle.

There are plastic clips holding it in place which may have to be replaced.

I'll have to replace the rear door cards too, will be following this thread for a nice write-up :undwech:

this is gonna be very useful mister boydie as im wanting to do this for sprint days

Guys

Looking to remove my rear door cards (3dr S3 by the way) maybe over the easter break so I can replace my arm rests.

I have never removed the rear seats before or spent a considerable amount of time working out how.

Has anyone a guide or rough idea on how to do this?

I believe the rear bench just needs a good pull??

There are some torque screws in the rear door cards plus poppers.

Any other info?

Thanks

Here is. Link for removing the door cards, with photos. :)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/77472-how-door-card-removal.html

Haha, thought I'd answer your question and then noticed you have to do the rear door cards as well. lol

Sandra, those are front door cards removal instructions. :think:

Well look through the sticky threads and find a thread for rear then, lol.

Huh, Boycie, I swear I gave you fairly good instructions recently on a thread to remove all that stuff, you dont need to remove the rear upright to get the bench out, can be done on its own, but you do need to remove all to get door cards of.

Any advice on where to get the clips that hold the rear bench seat in. I broke 1 getting the seat out.

Any advice on where to get the clips that hold the rear bench seat in. I broke 1 getting the seat out.

Stoke Audi would probably be able to help.
They're on here or just go their website and tell them you're a member of ASN.

You referring to the front plastic sunken ones & yes just grab some from audi.