Audi 1-0 Ford

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
An elderly woman crashed into my car... guess which came off worse.

My car was parked outside my house, and possibly after a blow-out, a Fiesta decided to try and barge it out of the way. The result is a dented arch and chipped alloy for me. Her car, I'll let you see for yourself.

P4020184800x600.jpg

P4020186800x600.jpg

P4020187800x600.jpg

The "loser" of the match up.

P4020190800x600.jpg

P4020191800x600.jpg

She was insured, and very shaken up. No-one hurt, so all's good. Can't beat a bit of German engineering though, can you?

oops gald no one got hurt , but i had a similar incident a while ago involving a ford mondeo , a woman pulled into my lane and hit my rear quarter damage to my car small dent and a scuff, damage to her car front bumper hanging, off broken headlight, front tyre punctured and a huge dent in the front wing german engineering ftw

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I was about to say "Blow out my ****" but thought better of it.

That looks like the tyres flat because of the accident damage, though, rather than the tyre blew which caused the accident - besides which, your street doesn't look big enough for a puncture to be that devastating. Then again, if she's insured then who cares how she wants to explain it.

Glad the damage is light - and nice beading :p

​Hey Martin, as long as your ok, your car can be fixed. Sure you will have it immaculate asap. Keep smiling. :) x

Cheers guys, don't know where Sandra's getting the idea that it'll be immaculate - the beading is a mystery to me! In the cold light of day the dent seems a bit worse than last night, but still disproportionate compared to the damage the Fiesta took.

P4030193600x800.jpg

I'd say lucky the wheel sticks out a good way more than stock or would be allot worse.

I'd say lucky the wheel sticks out a good way more than stock or would be allot worse.

True, ET is 8mm out from stock, and the wheel is an inch wider, so rim is almost an inch further out than stock (and seems to have taken most of the impact). I hope nothing behind it is broken or bent, waiting to hear from her insurance. They'll be getting told "It's going to Audi, no questions" when they do ring.

Im assuming your car is going for repair through insurance, i'd ask them to check that everything is still ok in terms of the wheel geometry. Although things may appear to be fine in this respect, it could easily have bent something.

Im assuming your car is going for repair through insurance, i'd ask them to check that everything is still ok in terms of the wheel geometry. Although things may appear to be fine in this respect, it could easily have bent something.

Yeah, her insurance will be covering everything, and I fully intend to make sure they get it all done very well. Nothing seems amiss behind the wheel visually, but it'll all be getting a good checking over once they actually phone me to arrange everything.

I'd never have guessed that those 2 cars were involved in the same accident!

Like it's been said, important thing is that it's relatively minor and everyone is ok. Hope she gets sorted soon though!

Damage to the ford is worse but yours will still cost more to repair :laugh:

Reactions: MartayMcFly