Number plates

Legend7

Reaction score
I put new plates on my car about 6 months ago, as i didnt want to use screws I used a double sided tape from Halfords. Now I noticed the rear number plate is coming off.

What is the best way to put plates on

Velco from halfords! Easy to remove when cleaning the car and don't use any other velco (surprisingly halfords is the best I've found!)

People worry about them getting stolen, I've used velco on all my cars for 6 years and never had any problems even with pressed plates.

I clean the area thoroughly, sticky pads, hairdryer to warm the plastic, apply pad, hair dryer to pad/s, apply plate, push like **** and voila!

Mine are stuck on with double sided pads and haven't had any issues. The trick is to clean the area well before sticking though and Boydie said...

Only restuck mine yesterday. Plenty of prep, tape, pushin & warmth throughout.

Can anyone send me a link to the pads you are using, seems the ones I used were **** as I did clean the area before applying

I just used a roll of thinly padded double sided tape Mrs H had. In future if mine come unstuck I would be tempted by any 3M heavy duty padded tape. Not sure if the heavy duty Velcro is a good idea, then again anyone could yank off a plate stuck with tape.

I clean the area thoroughly, sticky pads, hairdryer to warm the plastic, apply pad, hair dryer to pad/s, apply plate, push like **** and voila!

I did that **** me! i needed a crowbar to take my plates off lol.