Lowered the car but have a problem with lights

Lensey

Reaction score
Website
www.uktapes.com
Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem? I had the S3 lowered 25mm using H&R springs on Friday, just been out in the dark and the lights are really low! I stopped the car and restarted it and the beam went up and came down as usual but I presume they are coming down too much. Could the problem have something to do with the lowered springs I've just had put on?

The lights are auto-levelling - they counteract hills or the suspension rake but they only work on the angle from the horizontal... they have no way of knowing how high they are, so they can't compensate for this... nor should they (much), otherwise your lights will be pointing up into people's faces.

ok so yes the lights are auto levelling as you said that they go up and then back down when you switch them on.... that just the check it does when it first turns on.
as you have lowered the car the lights are pointing lower. what you need to do it use a screw driver (cant remember but i think its a philips or torx) and use it on the 2 white screws on the top of the headlight to manually raise the lights upwards.
now i would advise that you do this in a MOT testing station as they can then tell you the correct height the headlight needs to shine so that you are not blinding oncomming drivers.

NO, dont just raise them with screw turns, you need to get someone with vcds or dealer vas & turn on the mot mode 1st, they preset themselves to a position, then you adjust with the screws with the proper lense, then disable mot mode, do it properly please or you'll get irrate people flashing/waving at you for the wrong beam pattern.

Dont worry, memory gets worse with age, luckily we have computers lmfao.

So if I'm understanding this right, you turn the MOT mode on, set the lights up then unclick MOT mode, that then sets the lights to that setting?

Thats pretty much it, you have to be on an mot bay ideally, as these have to be flat, but of course bit more clicking & selection of modes within vcds.

So I could purchase the VCDS and go to the MOT place around the corner and get them to set the lights up? How much is the VCDS?

Yes & I have a Group Buy going atm, check my link in sig, its £230.

Also, check you havnt had the levelling sensor arms snapped by the suspension installer, cant miss them under the car, left front if you turn wheel full lock left can be seen behind the suspension low down & under car rear left also attached to the lower arm.

Well you can always pay the £249.50 now, which is still cheapest in UK :) it should be sent tomorrow & arrive following day, but as we have a bank holiday looming, the cables wont be with GB buyers until beginning of next week.