A3 Chorus 11+, Bluetooth, ipod connectivity

Jon Gorman

Reaction score
Hi

Just bought an 09 (58 plate) a3 Tdi 170 Quattro SE, with a Chorus 11+ stereo, A3 is fantastic but wanted to fit bluetooth phone and ipod/iphone connectivity.

I don't really want to go to expense of upgrading to RNS e and AMI. I have been looking at the Fiscon basic and Dension 5, does anybody have any experience with them? or any other options?

Ideally I want to be able to use the steering wheel controls to access phonebook on iphone and make and receive calls (does Fiscon do this? or can it just access call list?) and ideally access ipod/iphone music information such as artist album etc and chose music that way, not just via playlists which seems to be the case with AMI

I think Fiscon can do the phone side pretty well, but uses bluetooth connectivity to play music and you have to use iphone to select tracks, artists etc? and bluetooth quality is not as good as cabled connectivity, I believe the Dension 5 can do everything (via display on dash, not stereo) but think its reliability is suspect?

I also believe you need to get car recoded for both? not sure what this entails and costs either?

Would really appreciate peoples advice before I take the plunge, and apologies for so many questions.

Many thanks in advance

Hi mate,

Lots of people here have used the kits you ask about, personally i dont use a standard audi headunit as i think they are all pants for what they offer so i have gone Pioneer and got a nice double din screen with bluetooth and iPod cable which works perfectly.

but to help you out here is a search of many threads where this question has been asked
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

If and when you decide i can install and code it for you to your headunit so just gimmi a shout when your ready.

cheers

I have the Fiscon Basic bluetooth fitted to my Concert II headunit.

Performs well, audio quality is good and its easy to use through the mfsw and didn't take long to install either.

Only gripe I have is that the A2DP music streaming quality is very poor and would not recommend using it as its pants.

Upgrading to RNS-E though which the Basic is not compatible with.

Thanks both for your input, would it be possible to string together a Fiscon basic and a Dension Gateway 100? as I have the GW100 in my Caddy van at moment and was just about to take it out anyway, does the GW100 work with the Chorus head unit?

I must admit I am beginning to think an aftermarket HU would be the easiest option

Appreciate your comments

Hi mate,

Lots of people here have used the kits you ask about, personally i dont use a standard audi headunit as i think they are all pants for what they offer so i have gone Pioneer and got a nice double din screen with bluetooth and iPod cable which works perfectly.

but to help you out here is a search of many threads where this question has been asked
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Aaudi-sport.net+ipod+dension+fiscon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

If and when you decide i can install and code it for you to your headunit so just gimmi a shout when your ready.

cheers

itwasntme what head unit do you have? I've got an Chorus head unit so might go down the aftermarket route, double din would look awesome! Do the steering wheel controls work with it? thanks man