Almost got a Shark Stage 1 remap on my S3! lol

RPB

Reaction score
Hi all :)
Well I'm halfway to a Shark stage 1 remap on my superb S3!
Got the STS from Graham at GNJ, programmed the car details into it and started the read and email session!
Firstly though I did a read to see if any error codes were present and there were none, so that was good.
File sent to Shark Performance and got back later today. By then I was on shift at work! GGRrrrrrrr.
So, new files up loaded to STS ready for an upload to the car tomorrow morning.

Thanks go to Graham for his help on the phone. Thanks to Ben at Shark for listening to my concerns. Thanks N8 for phoning me back after missing my 'panic' call early this morning when I thought i had broke the STS. :D
By then I had it sorted out. Thanks to the info from you lot on here at ASN who finally got me the 'courage' to go buy it.

I will report back tomorrow once I have been out and had a nice 'trip' out.
Regards,
Rich.

how can you wait till tomorrow??!?!:nyah:

Are you mental? You are going to wait??!!
When I received my bluefin I downloaded and installed my map at 11pm on a cold and wet December's night.
I finished taking my car for a spin at well past midnight. And it was a 'school night'.

Basically.... get out there man!!!!

Now then, I got the performance map uploaded this morning. Errrr, when do I notice the difference? Lol. Didn't get much test time as I was out with the missus but at the moment I ain't noticed a lot. Does the ECU reset wind it back in a bit? I will be out Sunday for a decent drive but so far I can't tell owt. However I must say this, the smoothness of the DSG and car in general may be masking the extra oomph I should have. So far it is no way 'night and day' in any way.
Something else that puzzled me, the original map upload to my STS took 20 mins. The performance map upload to the car only took like 10. So dunno what that was all about.
Note:- Full testing was not possible due to this 'pain' in my neck that kept verbally abusing me when I put me foot down so that may have taken the shine off my expectations. I just hope it has not removed any low down torque or I will be miffed.
Will post back Sunday :D

you got serious issue there. leave her home and go for a proper drive.