Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Original Audi number plate LED's that fit the A3 8P - plug & play!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    We need an AITP LED fixer upper

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    N8,

drive by to my stand before 10am and il sort them for you. it will have an RS6 parked near it.
    N8 likes this.
    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

1st Gear

Status
    tried again to code mine in with no joy. think i must have the wrong module. code accepts fine but still get the dis error. wondering could i fit resisters in the wiring like my new LED fogs have in from T8ups???

would love to still keep the OEM lamps with out errors is poss.

Jamie

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    N8,

drive by to my stand before 10am and il sort them for you. it will have an RS6 parked near it.
    I'll give you some air fresheners in exchange brother
    t8ups likes this.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo26 View Post
    tried again to code mine in with no joy. think i must have the wrong module. code accepts fine but still get the dis error. wondering could i fit resisters in the wiring like my new LED fogs have in from T8ups???

Jamie
    jamie,

get in touch with SilkyS3, he did this months ago to his 2010 s3 and it works a treat. he should have pictures of where to mount.

Thanks

EM Tuning Lighting.

Prepairing to Land

Status
    Fitted mine last weekend on my 57 plate SB - work a treat Thanks for the part numbers!!

S.
    5th Gear

Status

Jamie
    hi. did you check are they working? as when i did fit mine i was getting error on DIS because metal contacts on the back of the LED's were short and didn't seat on their place so one light didn't work at all. after few mins of trying to extend and position the contacts and screwing it tight, everything was fine.

s.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    hi. did you check are they working? as when i did fit mine i was getting error on DIS because metal contacts on the back of the LED's were short and didn't seat on their place so one light didn't work at all. after few mins of trying to extend and position the contacts and screwing it tight, everything was fine.

s.

Yeah are they both seem to work straight from packet. I've looked at them a few times and they are always on.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

As if by miracle.....

They fixed themselves

Over the moon with that
    Last edited by N8; 11th August 2012 at 14:45.

2nd Gear

Status
    What solved it in the end, a hammer and nails

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I extended the prongs on one, and left it, then today when I started the car, they were working

All I know is.....

God works in mysterious ways

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    you had same issue that i had. glad you got it working. they do look great.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HSP View Post
    Lala, I only have six options on in byte 17 , the long coding that i have is 76. how do I change??
    I have same number, how do I change?
    Here's a few picture

What is that? Byte 23, Bit 6

1st Gear

Status
    Is it possible to upgrade the software version above 650 I think ? Or how much roughly for a newer module?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by White Audi RS3 View Post
    I have same number, how do I change?
    Here's a few picture

What is that? Byte 23, Bit 6
    Turn the first '0' in the binary box to 1!
    2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140

Mods so far: H&R 50mm, RNS-E, Cruise control, Interior OEM LED mood light, OEM LED number plate lights, OEM LED Puddle lights, OEM LED Footwell Lights, tear drop wiping, Beep confirm on close, pressed plates, HHA & TPMS.

Mods to come:light/rain sensor (In progress), and so on........

Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140

5th Gear

Status
    White Audi RS3,

you need to go to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1, then click into another byte, exit and do it. you may get a msg up giving 3 options, click no and it will save. and it may work.

Thanks
    Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Is it possible to upgrade the software version above 650 I think ? Or how much roughly for a newer module?
    You would need vas or odis to verify with vag germany if update was available, but newer versions are about £270.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    with odis NO , with VAS maybe

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    To verify if there's updates available you will be able to use odis & vas aswell, as its been done numerous times by my dealer, I know this as my ecu was done & I know the guys very well & my mate has updated with vas on his mk5 from home, lol.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    White Audi RS3,

you need to go to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1, then click into another byte, exit and do it. you may get a msg up giving 3 options, click no and it will save. and it may work.

Thanks
    Trups
    Okey, thanks a lot t8ups. I going to try that today.
    Does anyone know, how to get 09-cent.elect and Security Access? There is password or something...

Reverse Gear

Status
    I went to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1 but it doesn't work! What is wrong with my car?! Can anyone help me, lala30?

1st Gear

Status
    I went to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1 but it doesn't work! What is wrong with my car?! Can anyone help me, lala30?
    i think you have the same problem as me. wrong SW cant remeber exactly but i think you need SW650 and above and you have the same as me which is SW615 so wont code up. it sucks, im going to see a guy i know with VAS hopefully i can update to module and then im able to code in LED plate lights.

HTH

Fossie

Status
    Not sure but I think the first binary number is the one at the right hand end of the code. Presumably that is the one you changed from zero to one ?

Neutral

Status
    Google Translate

Found this on google as Jambo26 says you need software version 0651 and above. My car is an early MY11, so I don't think I have this.
    Can this be upgraded without buying a new part? i.e updated by Audi.

Thanks
    Ed

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyd View Post
    Google Translate

Found this on google as Jambo26 says you need software version 0651 and above. My car is an early MY11, so I don't think I have this.
    Can this be upgraded without buying a new part? i.e updated by Audi.

Thanks
    Ed
    this is what im hoping a can do. anyone with vas or odis can chech from what i can gather. hopefully find out at the weekend if mine will update.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Jambo,
    Let us know how you get on.

1st Gear

Status
    i will fella, was gonna go down the load resister circuit option, but them thought about seeing about a update.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes modules can be upgraded, but only with the upgrade file that comes with vas/odis or via the online link to germany.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i think you have the same problem as me. wrong SW cant remeber exactly but i think you need SW650 and above and you have the same as me which is SW615 so wont code up. it sucks, im going to see a guy i know with VAS hopefully i can update to module and then im able to code in LED plate lights.

HTH
    This is mine

as same as you have

Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Not sure but I think the first binary number is the one at the right hand end of the code. Presumably that is the one you changed from zero to one ?
    I did according to this
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Ing View Post
    So boot up your VCDS and head on over to 09 - Central electrics module.
    Check for any fault codes before you start.

Open up the Long coding and then long code helper, make a copy of your long code in paragraph1) (keep it somewhere safe)

Click on byte 17 in paragraph 3)

Right the key here is that if you look at my screen shot i HAVEN'T got Bit 7 (The one you meet to sellect to turn off bulb monitoring), the key here is to ignore the bits and look at the binary box this is where i have got 8 bits (0-7) so turning the first digit to '1' is the equivilant to ticking the bit box '7' (Binary is read backwards and starts at 0)
    BEFORE

AFTER

Close the Long code helper and save the code.

After this i turned the ignition off and back on again, turned the lights on and…………………………….. NO BULB WARNINGS!!!
    I have a 2012 sport back BE so i don't know if this method will work with all but hey, worth a try in it!!!!!
    Thanks again to lala!
    Then let as all know if there is anything new about this matter. I want to get LED lights work!!!

But what is this??? I mean Byte 23, Bit 6

Neutral

Status
    Well after both Trups and I couldn't get these to work on my 53reg A3 at AITP, I've given up so I have a pair for sale if anyone's interested.
    Current: A3 2.0 TDI 140
    Mods: Facelift Front, Black Optics Grille, MY09 Rears, HnR lowering springs, Bilstein B4 shocks, Ipod Connection, RS4 Alloys, DTUK Tuning Box
    Link to Build Thread

M25/South East Monthly Meets

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_Adam View Post
    Well after both Trups and I couldn't get these to work on my 53reg A3 at AITP, I've given up so I have a pair for sale if anyone's interested.
    You have PM friend

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    You have PM friend
    PM Replied to
    Current: A3 2.0 TDI 140
    Mods: Facelift Front, Black Optics Grille, MY09 Rears, HnR lowering springs, Bilstein B4 shocks, Ipod Connection, RS4 Alloys, DTUK Tuning Box
    Link to Build Thread

M25/South East Monthly Meets

1st Gear

Status
    hey guys, after speaking to a vw ex techy he asked if i could get him a SVM code for the central elec module for VAS . for him to be able to chech for updates on my central elec module hopefully getit up to aleast 0651.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Jamie

Neutral

Status
    new update VCDS have now
    in Byte 17 bit 7

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lala30 View Post
    new update VCDS have now
    in Byte 17 bit 7
    Presuming this is only for the 061 onwards

Neutral

Status
    Been looking for a solution on the net for a way to upgrade the module, so far I've found a "TPI 2029738". Which I believe is a technical fix for malfunctioning rear wiper etc, but basically updates the module to a more recent level.
    I think you should be able to ask for this at your Audi garage.

I'll try and give my dealer a call some day and see.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyd View Post
    Been looking for a solution on the net for a way to upgrade the module, so far I've found a "TPI 2029738". Which I believe is a technical fix for malfunctioning rear wiper etc, but basically updates the module to a more recent level.
    I think you should be able to ask for this at your Audi garage.

I'll try and give my dealer a call some day and see.
    Is that TPI 2029738 the SMV code for the cental electrics module??

Neutral

Status
    TPI is Technical Product Information which I think is the details of a known technical issue and the fix. In this case the fix in TPI 2029738, should be update electrics module with SVM??
    All the details are in German forums but basically you tell your dealer you are having intermittant problems with your rear wiper and sugest the TPI2029738, they update the module and all is good except you loose any previous coding.

TPI's are listed in elsawin, mine is out of date so maybe someone else can check what the TPI exactly states.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Where can I check what is my current TPI? And where can it be changed? Audi dealer?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Thought you guys might like to see this: Silky's S3...

Fitted to my 2010 S3 with no errors as I'm using a load equaliser/resister pack on the number plate wiring (been there for about 9 months now, no issues at all, and my NP lights are on all the time due to running rear DRL's)
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast