Original Audi number plate LED's that fit the A3 8P - plug & play!

Hi Guys,

Ive been away from the forum for long time and came on as i noticed a number of new audi's driving around with LED reg lights. I figured that someone must have given it ago on here and you never fail to amaze me!

So can someone help and let me know if i can order the A5 Led replacements for my A3 Black Edition?

Its a 59 plate but was delivered in Jan 2010 if this helps.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

I am also interested in finding this out. I have a 2012 A3 Black edition.

Also I wondered how you contact TPS for part prices?

Cheers,
Si

It's been covered this in thread for MY10+ cars

It's been covered this in thread for MY10+ cars

Forgive my ignorance, but i have no idea how what constitutes a MY10+ car.

I would also challenge any new comer to this forum to have the faintest idea what has just gone on over the last 8 pages!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Basically read the last few pages... You buy the part numbers suggested but to get them to work you need to get them coded to the car.

Cheers,
Si

Yes I'm having a hard time figuring out which area in VCDS I go into to change these settings.

The coding is only available on the newer CE boards, it does show up on newer cars in VCDS now, its an option that would tell the car that circuit is running led's as in it will either lower the tolerance required to consider a bulb blown or it will disable that system check feature, so it doesnt check when cold or hot circuit, I'm going with the 1st option so it still knows if its working or not.

Its just pure luck the tolerance on some older cars is good enough to notice the led's fall within spec to not trigger the bulb blown warning.

N8 your car will need to have circuit modification, resistor pack probably added imho, to get rid of the warnings if its triggering yours.

You said it wasnt working on mine, so by that assumed you meant the led's were warning on your dis.

N8, adjust the clips on there to make sure the prongs are making contact, all the ones i have fitted didnt work without adjusting and they should work.

my long code is 4E000A2FA017F0C0207041E00100095C427E2BAA206DD12AE4008F840041 and my BCM PQ35 M 107 0615. is it possible to code my 2011 BE to work with audi LED number plate lights????

Last edited:
The coding is only available on the newer CE boards, it does show up on newer cars in VCDS now, its an option that would tell the car that circuit is running led's as in it will either lower the tolerance required to consider a bulb blown or it will disable that system check feature, so it doesnt check when cold or hot circuit, I'm going with the 1st option so it still knows if its working or not.
QUOTE]

Just wonderng my i would have a older BCM number on a 2011 car. mines 0BCM PQ35 M 107 0615 so i dont think i use the audi lamps :( is this correct???

Cheers

Jamie

your long code for led is :

4E000A2FA017F0C0207041E00100095C42FE2BAA206DD12AE4008F840041

i tired this last night but it wouldnt code in.

Just tried again wont accept code.

BCM PQ35 M 107 0615. isthe 0615 the SW so this means i cant code LED number plate lamps in

Last edited:
is this correct. if so is there any think i can do to keep the leds without the bulb out error. possibly resisters or something

cheers

Go through your module coding & check for the tick box for led lights installed, if its not shown, its more than likely its not available on that board, although sometimes there are tickboxes not shown for your module that may work with manual hex coding, but you have to be careful you dont code something thats not reversable.

i tried to code FE from 7E but it wouldnt code in just reverts back to 7E. also it doesnt some just bit 7 which i think is what im trying to enable. also trying the foot well LED. but still brought error in dis. is there a way i can still use these genuine lights without coding and without errors??

Cheers

You footwell lights as LED wont error in the DISm there is something else causing that error.

With the coding when changing, try change the code then clink onto another byte rather than pressing ok as it sometimes wont change.

N8, you need you just bend them higher and they will work for you bud.

Managed to code it up this morning but still got a bulb out error on number plate.

yeah they turned off every now and again because they were loose but got that sorted, whats going on with yours like?

So after spending hours playing round with my new VCDS lead (Thanks NHN!) I've finally got the bulb warning to turn off in my DIS! :)

So for all you people who want to try it take a look at this how to!

So first of all after you have ordered your OEM LED's 4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022 remove your old lamp units and COMPARE them. You will see that the LED ones have shorter contacts.

Bend the contacts to a straighter alignment so they look similar to this:

IMG_1015.jpg

Then install them into place. You can use them like this but you will get a DIS warning.

IMG_1016.jpg

CODING.

I have to thank lala30 for the research he did as i wouldn't have been able to put this together without his research.

So boot up your VCDS and head on over to 09 - Central electrics module.

Check for any fault codes before you start.

Open up the Long coding and then long code helper, make a copy of your long code in paragraph1) (keep it somewhere safe)

Click on byte 17 in paragraph 3)

Right the key here is that if you look at my screen shot i HAVEN'T got Bit 7 (The one you meet to sellect to turn off bulb monitoring), the key here is to ignore the bits and look at the binary box this is where i have got 8 bits (0-7) so turning the first digit to '1' is the equivilant to ticking the bit box '7' (Binary is read backwards and starts at 0)

BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

After.jpg

Close the Long code helper and save the code.

After this i turned the ignition off and back on again, turned the lights on and…………………………….. NO BULB WARNINGS!!!

I have a 2012 sport back BE so i don't know if this method will work with all but hey, worth a try in it!!!!!

Thanks again to lala!

Last edited:
Reactions: theViTALiTY
il have a go at the binary, i thouht my 2011 be would be able to code u no problem, love the look of the oem plate lamps just not the bulb error on dis.

Thanks for the clear write up Jay.Ing, it's really appreciated.
I'm going to order these bulbs and give it a crack on my MY10.

Tried to get them working on my 53reg A3 ready for Aitp but had mixed results. Left one wouldn't light up at all but the right one flickered, stayed on for a few seconds then nothing. Any ideas?