Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Original Audi number plate LED's that fit the A3 8P - plug & play!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Guys,

Ive been away from the forum for long time and came on as i noticed a number of new audi's driving around with LED reg lights. I figured that someone must have given it ago on here and you never fail to amaze me!

So can someone help and let me know if i can order the A5 Led replacements for my A3 Black Edition?

Its a 59 plate but was delivered in Jan 2010 if this helps.

Thanks in advance!

Nick
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I am also interested in finding this out. I have a 2012 A3 Black edition.

Also I wondered how you contact TPS for part prices?

Cheers,
    Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

6th Gear

Status
    It's been covered this in thread for MY10+ cars

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks, I will read the whole thing soon then.

Cheers,
    Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A6CR View Post
    It's been covered this in thread for MY10+ cars
    Forgive my ignorance, but i have no idea how what constitutes a MY10+ car.

I would also challenge any new comer to this forum to have the faintest idea what has just gone on over the last 8 pages!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor

2nd Gear

Status
    Basically read the last few pages... You buy the part numbers suggested but to get them to work you need to get them coded to the car.

Cheers,
    Si

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes I'm having a hard time figuring out which area in VCDS I go into to change these settings.

5th Gear

Status
    go into 09 central electronics, then click coding and follow the guide in this thread.

Thanks
    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    My coding guys is F5821F11B01410004D0000006400000000096E135A16021E00 0000000000

It's not working on mine, mine is a MY08.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2nd Gear

Status
    Where has lala30 gone when you need him?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Tell me about it!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The coding is only available on the newer CE boards, it does show up on newer cars in VCDS now, its an option that would tell the car that circuit is running led's as in it will either lower the tolerance required to consider a bulb blown or it will disable that system check feature, so it doesnt check when cold or hot circuit, I'm going with the 1st option so it still knows if its working or not.

Its just pure luck the tolerance on some older cars is good enough to notice the led's fall within spec to not trigger the bulb blown warning.

N8 your car will need to have circuit modification, resistor pack probably added imho, to get rid of the warnings if its triggering yours.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Really? I have LEDs in there at present, they work fine, looks like I'll be selling mine then

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You said it wasnt working on mine, so by that assumed you meant the led's were warning on your dis.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yes the Audi LEDS aren't working and I have an error light, but my old LED bulbs work without a hitch.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Send them to me I'll have a play lol.

5th Gear

Status
    N8, adjust the clips on there to make sure the prongs are making contact, all the ones i have fitted didnt work without adjusting and they should work.

EM Tuning Lighting.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'll have a go brother

1st Gear

Status
    my long code is 4E000A2FA017F0C0207041E00100095C427E2BAA206DD12AE4 008F840041 and my BCM PQ35 M 107 0615. is it possible to code my 2011 BE to work with audi LED number plate lights????
    Last edited by Jambo26; 27th July 2012 at 21:27.

1st Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=NHN;1635191]The coding is only available on the newer CE boards, it does show up on newer cars in VCDS now, its an option that would tell the car that circuit is running led's as in it will either lower the tolerance required to consider a bulb blown or it will disable that system check feature, so it doesnt check when cold or hot circuit, I'm going with the 1st option so it still knows if its working or not.
    QUOTE]

Just wonderng my i would have a older BCM number on a 2011 car. mines 0BCM PQ35 M 107 0615 so i dont think i use the audi lamps is this correct???

Cheers

Jamie

Neutral

Status
    your long code for led is :

4E000A2FA017F0C0207041E00100095C42FE2BAA206DD12AE4 008F840041

1st Gear

Status
    i tired this last night but it wouldnt code in.

Just tried again wont accept code.

BCM PQ35 M 107 0615. isthe 0615 the SW so this means i cant code LED number plate lamps in
    Last edited by Jambo26; 28th July 2012 at 13:16.

1st Gear

Status
    is this correct. if so is there any think i can do to keep the leds without the bulb out error. possibly resisters or something

cheers

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Go through your module coding & check for the tick box for led lights installed, if its not shown, its more than likely its not available on that board, although sometimes there are tickboxes not shown for your module that may work with manual hex coding, but you have to be careful you dont code something thats not reversable.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    N8, adjust the clips on there to make sure the prongs are making contact, all the ones i have fitted didnt work without adjusting and they should work.
    They are so much shorter the prongs than my other holder.

1st Gear

Status
    i tried to code FE from 7E but it wouldnt code in just reverts back to 7E. also it doesnt some just bit 7 which i think is what im trying to enable. also trying the foot well LED. but still brought error in dis. is there a way i can still use these genuine lights without coding and without errors??

Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    You footwell lights as LED wont error in the DISm there is something else causing that error.

With the coding when changing, try change the code then clink onto another byte rather than pressing ok as it sometimes wont change.

N8, you need you just bend them higher and they will work for you bud.

EM Tuning Lighting.

1st Gear

Status
    Managed to code it up this morning but still got a bulb out error on number plate.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    They are so much shorter the prongs than my other holder.
    they need a lot of adjustment brother, i had to take mine out a few times before i got ti just right

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yours working 100% brother?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    yeah they turned off every now and again because they were loose but got that sorted, whats going on with yours like?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'll look at it with my brother, come the weekend, he's up and we'll be detailing the car

Gievf Buckets

Status
    cool im only a phonecall away bud its simple enough though

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

1st Gear

Status
    So after spending hours playing round with my new VCDS lead (Thanks NHN!) I've finally got the bulb warning to turn off in my DIS!

So for all you people who want to try it take a look at this how to!

So first of all after you have ordered your OEM LED's 4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022 remove your old lamp units and COMPARE them. You will see that the LED ones have shorter contacts.

Bend the contacts to a straighter alignment so they look similar to this:

Then install them into place. You can use them like this but you will get a DIS warning.

CODING.

I have to thank lala30 for the research he did as i wouldn't have been able to put this together without his research.

So boot up your VCDS and head on over to 09 - Central electrics module.

Check for any fault codes before you start.

Open up the Long coding and then long code helper, make a copy of your long code in paragraph1) (keep it somewhere safe)

Click on byte 17 in paragraph 3)

Right the key here is that if you look at my screen shot i HAVEN'T got Bit 7 (The one you meet to sellect to turn off bulb monitoring), the key here is to ignore the bits and look at the binary box this is where i have got 8 bits (0-7) so turning the first digit to '1' is the equivilant to ticking the bit box '7' (Binary is read backwards and starts at 0)

BEFORE

AFTER

Close the Long code helper and save the code.

After this i turned the ignition off and back on again, turned the lights on and…………………………….. NO BULB WARNINGS!!!

I have a 2012 sport back BE so i don't know if this method will work with all but hey, worth a try in it!!!!!

Thanks again to lala!

Last edited by Jay.Ing; 10th August 2012 at 10:55.
    2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140

Mods so far: H&R 50mm, RNS-E, Cruise control, Interior OEM LED mood light, OEM LED number plate lights, OEM LED Puddle lights, OEM LED Footwell Lights, tear drop wiping, Beep confirm on close, pressed plates, HHA & TPMS.

Mods to come:light/rain sensor (In progress), and so on........

Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Who wants to get mine working at AITP?

1st Gear

Status
    il have a go at the binary, i thouht my 2011 be would be able to code u no problem, love the look of the oem plate lamps just not the bulb error on dis.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Mine don't even light up

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the clear write up Jay.Ing, it's really appreciated.
    I'm going to order these bulbs and give it a crack on my MY10.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Mine don't even light up
    you got them in the right side lad? if you dont they wont work

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Neutral

Status
    Tried to get them working on my 53reg A3 ready for Aitp but had mixed results. Left one wouldn't light up at all but the right one flickered, stayed on for a few seconds then nothing. Any ideas?
    Current: A3 2.0 TDI 140
    Mods: Facelift Front, Black Optics Grille, MY09 Rears, HnR lowering springs, Bilstein B4 shocks, Ipod Connection, RS4 Alloys, DTUK Tuning Box
    Link to Build Thread

M25/South East Monthly Meets