Original Audi number plate LED's that fit the A3 8P - plug & play!

I seen your thread about the load resisters but hoping I can sort my problem with just some software and coding upgrades. But if no joy il be doing the load resisters.

Cheers
Jamie

Can your ex tech not look up the TPI number Jamie?
Audi dealership may also do it under warranty.

Found this on another forum for upgrade bcm 615:
TPI 2029738 (SVM code 09A008)

After being initially overexcited and buying a pair thinking they might be plug and play in a b7 A4 too these are now abandoned and for sale. PM if interested. Never mind :)

Anyone mind if I have a quick gloat and say they worked perfectly in mine and look fantastic. Mmmm, smug mode! :cool:

Can your ex tech not look up the TPI number Jamie?
Audi dealership may also do it under warranty.

Found this on another forum for upgrade bcm 615:
TPI 2029738 (SVM code 09A008)

Is that to upgrade to BMC 615. & I think the smv code could be the trick I think from what I can make out its a code to access the control module I think.

Right. Confusion abounds.

I have a MY2011 car, 60 reg, with the CE 0615 controller. The one that is allegedly giving lots of confusion.

As lala30 suggests, the latest version of VCDS gives that elusive Bit7 in Byte 17, so the first step for anyone wishing to do this is to download the latest version of VCDS.

My CE 0615 seems to have taken the new coding, so, in theory, will not give me a DIS error when I install the A5 LED lamps! Unfortunately, although I've made the change in my CE controller, I don't have any LED lamps to hand to test!! So unless someone else with lamps, and with a CE 0615 want to test this, you'll have to wait till I get some LEDs later in the week!

But here's a screenshot of the latest VCDS version, with the CE 0615, which seems to have accepted the new Byte 17 Bit 7 coding.

Ciao!

nPrXg.jpg

Right. Confusion abounds.

I have a MY2011 car, 60 reg, with the CE 0615 controller. The one that is allegedly giving lots of confusion.

As lala30 suggests, the latest version of VCDS gives that elusive Bit7 in Byte 17, so the first step for anyone wishing to do this is to download the latest version of VCDS.

My CE 0615 seems to have taken the new coding, so, in theory, will not give me a DIS error when I install the A5 LED lamps! Unfortunately, although I've made the change in my CE controller, I don't have any LED lamps to hand to test!! So unless someone else with lamps, and with a CE 0615 want to test this, you'll have to wait till I get some LEDs later in the week!

But here's a screenshot of the latest VCDS version, with the CE 0615, which seems to have accepted the new Byte 17 Bit 7 coding.

Ciao!

nPrXg.jpg

I can try this out on mine in the morning - I have the LEDs sitting on my desk and only realised I had the 0615 module after a VCDS check. Just installed the latest VCD release.

I can try this out on mine in the morning - I have the LEDs sitting on my desk and only realised I had the 0615 module after a VCDS check. Just installed the latest VCD release.

The hopes and dreams of every BCM owner pre 0651 rests upon you this morning!!

No joy for me on my 2011 model with 0615 controller. The controller accepted the bit 7 change and the LED lights came on so no contact issues but DIS threw the bulb error ... :(

Is that to upgrade to BMC 615. & I think the smv code could be the trick I think from what I can make out its a code to access the control module I think.

That is to upgrade from BCM 615, there is another code and TPI to upgrade to BCM 615.
If you google either the TPI or SVM codes, there is loads of info on the German forums, all 2011+ cars can be upgraded quite easily now.

That is to upgrade from BCM 615, there is another code and TPI to upgrade to BCM 615.
If you google either the TPI or SVM codes, there is loads of info on the German forums, all 2011+ cars can be upgraded quite easily now.

Do you know what it updates to???

i have an 07 a3 1.9tdi i assume (rightly or wrongly) that these will fit straight in, i have read that i'm likely to have to extend the contacts etc, but all this info about codes etc is going straight over my head.
so if these will work, where's the best place to get them?
or is anyone fed up of trying to get theres t work?
daz

you can get them from audi parts dealer or ebay i saw few sets for sale when i was searching stuff...

you can get them from audi parts dealer or ebay i saw few sets for sale when i was searching stuff...
thanks i'll have a look.
while on the subject of led's would the a3 led lights fit an 07 plate car, or would it need to be coded?

Hey Daz, I did this a couple of weeks ago. It was just plug and play, no coding, no extending just remove and replace. That was on my 57 plate A3

Oh and I got the bits from Audi using the part numbers given earlier in the thread :)

Thanks scotty, i'll call them in the morning and ask, i'd rather get original stuff if possible

called my audi dealer in york today and they said them part numbers are not for an A3 model, and that they will not work as the voltage is different :think:

You should of told them to ring the worlds 7 wonders hotline & said you have the 8th wonder, they can talk out of there asse lmfao

I could upload to BCM unit from software version 5xx last version of software with index highest like 65x..More information through personal message.

picked original ones up from audi dealer in york, took 3 goes to get them to work, terminals are almost straight.
looks a nice clear white though, :icon_thumright:

Hello I have tried to get the genuine lights working on a 2010 a3 and am still getting error messages after changing bite 17 bit 7 any ideas

Hello I have tried to get the genuine lights working on a 2010 a3 and am still getting error messages after changing bite 17 bit 7 any ideas

What BCM do you have fella. if you have lower than 651 then the coding wont work, im in the same boat going to try updating mine at some point with the above info.

Im not sure will have to check, I'm probably being stupid but how exactly would I update it?

you need VAS what the main dealers use. theres a ex techy that set up on his own nearme that has vas and he said he can do it just needs a smv code. so im gonna try the one listed above see what happens. i think the main dealer will the able to do this aswell

Hey guys

Picked my a5 led lights up from Audi yesterday. Fitted them and got the warning light. Spoke to a mate of minemandnhenpassed me on a boys number. Met him and he got the warning light off! Cost me £20 though but least it done and dusted!

Looks amazing!

Hey guys

Picked my a5 led lights up from Audi yesterday. Fitted them and got the warning light. Spoke to a mate of minemandnhenpassed me on a boys number. Met him and he got the warning light off! Cost me £20 though but least it done and dusted!

Looks amazing!

It would be far more useful to everyone if you said what was done rather than boasting about the fact that you had got it done !

Mike foster, I'm not boasting I took the info I gathered from this forum, took photos of the information people posted and screen shoots of there vcds and showed it to the boy. I left the car with him for about 15 mins. So I used all the info I got from this forum.

He said the coding I had showed him didn't work on my car but he had figured it out.

If you want his number I can give you it he based in glasgow and he works for a major vw/Audi garage!

I have no idea what he did or coding he used, if I did I would of posted it to help people out!

If people want his number let me know and you guys can call him.

He in glasgow

how old of a car fella? do you know what he did, what he used??

It 2012 rs3 mate

I took all the screen shots from jay.ing showed him he tried those coding but never worked on my car he messed about with for about 15 mins and figured it out.

I have no idea about coding or anything like that mate, I can't be of any help but if your in glasgow can give you his number and you can go see him.

well im not to far away kinda im in carlisle. i might give him a ring and ask a few questions

Looking at what he wrote i dont think he was boasting Mike.

he just wanted to share he had the error taken off his new car.

Trups

Fair comment but that's not much help to other forum members is it? Probably gets them even more frustrated.

I don't have, or want, led number plate lights but I know you sell them and I know loads of members have problems with them.

Seems to me that most of those problems are to do with DIS errors (including the ones you sell I believe) so in my opinion it would be much more helpful to the members with problems to publish the answer rather than just say they had it fixed !

it is a little annoying but also good to see people are getting the errors sorted. i have dis errors and trying to sort this out. so his info is helpfull that the guy who fixed his could possible have the answer most people want to know.

i dont think he was boasting just informing us he has got error free oringinal audi A3 plate lamps.

it is a little annoying but also good to see people are getting the errors sorted. i have dis errors and trying to sort this out. so his info is helpfull that the guy who fixed his could possible have the answer most people want to know.

i dont think he was boasting just informing us he has got error free oringinal audi A3 plate lamps.

The point of the forum is to help people sort out problems ( I think ?? ) OK so he wasn't boasting but what is the point of posting without details ?

You say you are not far away from the guy who sorted it out and you might be able to contact him for details of the fix so please publish the results for the benefit of all who are interested.

t8ups - I would have thought you would have wanted to talk to this guy in order to help out any customers of yours that are having problems ? Having followed this thread for a long time it would appear that, whilst the quality of your products are not in question, there are still issues to be sorted.

i intend to do so if the guy is ok with this, just waiting for nshort10 to get back to me. then i can get some info