Jerky acceleration

M88UES

Theres Never Enough Power
Reaction score
Ive started getting a wierd acceleration problem and i dont know if its turbo or clutch slip

when i put my foot down in 2nd its pulling then jerkin then pulling then jerkin like a kangaroo. a bit like how you would nearly stall but obv im doing between 15-40mph at this point.

any ideas?

got to add my turbo's whining is getting louder and louder

chris

tfsi or tdi??

Edit.. I'm being blind its obviously tdi.

I had the same sort of problem last week, tandem pump failed. check your fuel doesn't have oil in it.

how do i check that mate?

Have a look at your fuel filter if its a TDI. My previous car the tandem fuel pump seals failed which allowed oil to track into the fuel system which in turn clogged the fuel filter. Just take the top off the fuel filter and have a look. If its clogged with oil then the tandem fuel pump seals could of perished. Not that expensive either......defo a DIY job as pump change and fuel filter change. The Audi garage stressed that all fuel components would have to be cleaned or replaced but oil is combustible and diesel contains oil anyway.

The fuel filter sits just to the left of the engine. Large cylinder with pipes coming out of the top of it.

Reactions: M88UES