Cruise control on 2005

wesley

Reaction score
Hi can somebody please confirm if cruise control is a straight fit on a 2005 model 2.0 tdi sport or will it need the extra wire fitting? Also will it have full functionality? Thanks

Straight fit without need to install wire, will have the alternate function:

ON - Pull stalk towards
SET - Push stalk down
RESUME - Push stalk up
CANCEL - Push stalk back
OFF - Click stalk back
SPEED - As stalk illustration

That is of course on a 2005 Split-grille 8P1. Single grille 8P2's will have normal functionality and again, a direct fit without need for wire.

Hi Jonny - my single grille 8P2 (2006 MY) sportback didn't have version 'F' steering module and operated the 'alternative' way. Only when I fitted mfsw and version 'F' did it operate as normal ! Additional wire was not required.

Hi Jonny - my single grille 8P2 (2006 MY) sportback didn't have version 'F' steering module and operated the 'alternative' way. Only when I fitted mfsw and version 'F' did it operate as normal ! Additional wire was not required.

Very unusual, usually all 8P2s are fitted with the 8P0 module as its the 1K0 module that makes the cruise control work in the alternate way as its expecting the Cruise stalk from a Golf to be installed.

Very unusual, usually all 8P2s are fitted with the 8P0 module as its the 1K0 module that makes the cruise control work in the alternate way as its expecting the Cruise stalk from a Golf to be installed.

Yeah - you may have forgotten that my car had the 1K0 module as standard, that's how we found out about the two different operating modes !

Straight fit without need to install wire, will have the alternate function:

ON - Pull stalk towards
SET - Push stalk down
RESUME - Push stalk up
CANCEL - Push stalk back
OFF - Click stalk back
SPEED - As stalk illustration
Thanks buddy.