Secrets design cues of the 1 series unveiled!!!

djoblong

Reaction score
OK this might just be me but this morning on the way to work I am sitting in traffic behind a small car. It's a similar colour to that dusty indigo-style colour that is quite common on the current 1-series advertisements and common on-road also. Anyway this car shared so many styling cues. Boot flanged slightly outward at the base of the rear window, then a wide concave panel where the boot release/key sits, then flanging out again at the bottom. Bumper colour coded, widening out to give a kind of womanly hourglass shape to the whole thing. Lights running up and down the side. Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, the 1 series.

What was the mystery car?

The new Fiat Punto. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh for shame. Check out the image!!!

http://www.fiat.com/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/F...0&modelKey=0027

Tell me I'm wrong!

I must be blind, but I can't see anything that would remind me of 1-series. It reminds just as much of the Audi, even more actually since it's 3-door. Now both have 4 wheels, ..

[ QUOTE ]
I must be blind, but I can't see anything that would remind me of 1-series. It reminds just as much of the Audi, even more actually since it's 3-door. Now both have 4 wheels, .. [/quote

Your right you must be blind? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Wheres my white stick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I've just emailed them to auto express, let's see if they make the grade???

[ QUOTE ]
My 2 year old can draw a better car than the 1 series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, shame bangle can't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, shame bangle can't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i put in my email to Auto Express.. "spy shots of the new 1 series saloon" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I think this ad sums it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AdBMW1series.jpg

Excellent Spratty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think this ad sums it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AdBMW1series.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

God that really is ugly, not my opinion, but anyone's who dosen't have a white stick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

White A3 isn't that sexy either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I kinda like 1-series with that grey-color (some sort of grey). Nice curves and details.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but Yak, you probably think Reindeers are attractive variants on the horse...

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Hey, lay off the reindeers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif