sick of my s3

avant140

Reaction score
HI all.
Im after a bit of advice after having to deal with audi dealer just lately.Firstly i bought my S3 in november last year with 26000 on clock from audi dealer in yorkshire with full service history and 12 month audi warranty, to me i thought i was buying a really good car, my previous car was a SEAT LCR which was very moddified but was a great car, anyway the S3 was ok untill about a month ago when it developed a clutch/gearbox problem were it felt very snatchy,and gears felt loose,the car was due its mot at audi so i asked them to look at it while it was in.Audi tech basically said clutch was fautly although it wasnt slipping it was at fault, so car was booked in again for the following week for gearbox out, also while it was in they were also going to do a full inspection service too.Anyway collected car friday lunch time and on the drive home i thought this gearbox doesnt feel right, 1st to 2nd is horrible and notchy and it almost feels like transmission slack or shunt when changing down gears, wasnt best pleased and when i got back to work phoned audi garage to tell them i wasnt happy with how car had been returned to me, workshop manager told me that audi tech had road tested car and said it was fine, after a dissagrement it was arranged to return the S3 saturday for further investigating.Later on that evening around 8pm when i was leaving work i noticed a patch of oil on concrete under my car near drivers front wheel, great i thought, opened bonnet to find oil all over the brake fluid container, all under car and on suspension arm. There were oily finger prints all over engine cover and oil around oil filler cap.
This morning i checked my engine oil and it was on the minimum mark on the dipstick which at this point made me see red, its just had a full audi inspection service and the car is returned back to me in this state, its fair to say i wasnt best pleased.Especially as car arrived to them with oil on max and engine bay spotless.Had the car back at audi garage today where workshop manager says that the gears do feel notchy especially 1st to 2nd and gearbox will need to come out again,despite them saying that it road tested ok after doing clutch!.
They had the car all last week and now will have it all next week.They couldnt explain how my oil was on min mark or brake fluid being everywere. Just like my LCR the S3 is my pride and joy and at the minute is completely standard, im now doubting modding it because im worried that there is a weak gearbox.
Anyway aside from moaning about my experience with the dealers has anyone on here had gearbox issues on an s3 apart from the stupidly weak clutch they fit to these cars?.Ive left my S3 with the dealer and they have promised me to start working on it first thing monday, ive told them that which ever tech worked on my car last week that i dont want them working on my car again after how it was returned to me on friday.Ive considered contacting audi uk about the service ive received but going to leave it for now while they have my car, but i feel badly let down with the service and treatment.

I would ring Audi UK anyway, as you or the car shouldn't of been treated in this way... Sorry to hear your story. Hope they sort it this time, how hard can it be??

Cheers bud. Ive held off speaking to audi uk but depending on the outcome this next week and how im treated will make my mind up. Has anyone else had a gearbox issue because audi tech said its unheard of to have problems with the S3 gearbox.
If the gearbox has to be stripped i wont be happy because of how the car was treated and the service they did would leave me wondering if its done properly, but i suppose you have to give them a chance to sort it. Wouldnt mind but we have bought 2 cars from them in last 6 months so didnt expect this treatment from an audi garage.

I would contact Audi Uk first and tell them the story maybe they will then contact the dealer and you motor will get watched. The dealer will then have to do what they are supposed do do in the first place instead of cutting corners, hopefully they didnt just send it round the corner to get 'sorted' by a third party

Hope not, to be fair im fairly sure the job was done at the audi workshop but if the same so called mechanic who did the service also removed the gearbox to do the clutch then anything could have been done, it was almost as if they had let the yts trainee service my car. Thing is when i returned the car on saturday the workshop manager didnt really seem to see it as a major problem that there was brake fluid all down the side and on suspension, just said it needed a steam clean in engine bay!. However when i asked him to check engine oil and it was on the min mark he didnt have an answer as to how that could have happened.
Maybe when the car returned to audi with a seized engine and audi turn round and say warranty void due to lack of oil and due care by owner i could have argued that is how your 1000 hour trained technos returned my car, then they would have said oh ok and warrantied it. I think not some how.
Probably some people dont check the oil very often, just as well i checked mine the next day after the service.
Anyway i just want my car right because i actually injoy driving and owning it and think it is a very good car.