Standard Kit S3's

ub7rm

Reaction score
Well after a bit of a hunt I should hopefully be viewing and collecting my new (to me) S3 sportback next weekend. Have pretty much bought it unseen from a dealer further south and won't see it in the flesh until I collect it.

Its metallic black, has BOSE, parking sensors, cruise control, ipod dock and tinted windows, oh and the black styling pack.

What does the black styling pack consist off?

I was holding out for a red one with BOSE and ideally the light and sight pack and interior light pack but its hard to find a used example with everything you want so have 'settled' for the above :yahoo:

I'm trading in my 2005 GTI which has the auto lights so will miss that but I guess I will soon learn to live with flicking a switch myself!

Given the car doesn't have the interior light pack, will it have footwell lights and illuminated vanity mirrors? Can footwell lights be retrofitted?

Is the ipod dock system the same rubbish one in the mk5 GTI that doesn't display track names and is effectively fooling the head unit into thinking its a 6 CD changer?

Will be looking to retrofit sat-nav once the bank balance has recovered a little!

The black styling pack gives you a black front grill and fog light surrounds instead of the normal chrome:
3845-front-noreg.jpg
Your spec sounds virtually identical to mine - you will have illuminated vanity mirrors but not footwell lights (they can be retro-fitted but I don't think it's an easy job).I also had auto lights on my previous 2 cars but don't have them now - the Audi dims the dashboard illumination when it starts getting dark to remind you to turn on the lights which is quite useful.