Songs Disappearing RNS-E

HIGGINS

Reaction score
I have the RNS-E mk2 and i use the youtube ripper to make songs to put on the SD card. They work perfectly on my SD card when it is in my laptop but when it is in the RNS-E i cant find the songs :S They are also ripped and converted to mp3 like all the other songs on my SD card.

I thought i must have made a mistake at first so i took it back out of the RNS-E and put it into my laptop and they reappeared!

Any help?!

I need my summer tunes :(

You sure they're ripping as mp3? I have .wma files on my SD card and the RNS-E doesn't read them. Sounds obvious, but other than checking they're definitely the right file format, not sure what the issue could be. Maybe the ripper puts a tag in the mp3 file saying not to read it or something.

i just use windows media player to convert them to MP3
then drag an drop them on to the card

You sure they're ripping as mp3? I have .wma files on my SD card and the RNS-E doesn't read them. Sounds obvious, but other than checking they're definitely the right file format, not sure what the issue could be. Maybe the ripper puts a tag in the mp3 file saying not to read it or something.

Yes 100%

Heres a picture of one song that isnt appearing :S

whattheF.png

i just use windows media player to convert them to MP3
then drag an drop them on to the card

I dont think you understand, i use this website: YouTube to mp3 Converter which automatically takes the song off youtube via the link and converts it to an MP3. Then i drag and drop :(

Not heard of that, going from a video to mp3, maybe that's the issue.

Just a guess but I reckon the RNS-E might have issues with such a long filename like the one shown in your screenshot. Also make sure that the files are arranged into folders and you don't just have hundreds of mp3 on the root of the SD card because I don't think it likes that either.

I'd start with a basic test - format the SD card in Windows, create 1 folder on it, copy half a dozen mp3 into the folder (with short filenames) and see if the RNS-E can read that.

Mine does this. some times only half an album is accessible. Maybe the first 4 track just dont show up and dont play. they play on anything else just not my RNSE.... a week later the might re appear.:)

It's definitely because your file name is too long mate.. Shorten it right down and it'll work, I had this problem - some of my albums wouldn't show half the tracks, particularly ones where the length of the album name (red hot chili peppers greatest hits) was at the start of each file name. Also did it on a lot of hip hop, where most tunes have feat. whatever artist in the title.

I find safely removing my sd cards makes a difference too. Dont normally do it but half the time it wont find recenty added files

Its not a file name thing with mine unless "Brighton rock" is to long but "In the lap of the gods reprise" isnt :)