Audi S3 and Audi 3.2 v6

Tee_

Reaction score
HI DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE S3 DSG GEARBOX WILL FIT THE AUDI 3.2 V6 CHEERS

frm what i have gathered over the time i have owned my 3.2 the S3 and 3.2 share a hell of a lot,in fact pretty much everything bar the engine and a couple of trim bits so i would have thought it would buddy

I think you'll be in for a lot of work coding and interfacing that if you can get it to work at all.

There's a thread over on VAGOC that's worth looking at.

http://m.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7561&highlight=Gearbox+conversion

OK THANKS WAS HOPING FOR A PLUG AND GO IF I USED THE MALTRONICS FROM THE ORGINAL BOX??

Read the thread... It s worth it.

AFAIK at the time the 3.2 V6 was the only A3 that would accept quattro and dsg together for logistical reasons, that's why the 8P2 S3 was never dsg. For that reason I would imagine the later S3 gearbox is a different gearbox. Not saying it won't fit, but as for a straight swap, I would be surprised if it was

ok after reading that link got the impression that was a retro fit and a head ache too
thing is i have found a audi s3 2009 box and transfer and i have the 2004 a3 3.2 does anyone know if the ratios would be the same as one is turbo and other is naturally aspirated
cheers

Ratios may not be too far off in terms of rpm per mph but you really do need to speak to a good tuner and get some views on this.

It isn't plug and play.

Yes but your trying to put a gearbox from a 2.0 tfsi onto a 3.2V6 , completely different engines. Are you even sure it will physically bolt on?

Yes but your trying to put a gearbox from a 2.0 tfsi onto a 3.2V6 , completely different engines. Are you even sure it will physically bolt on?

Like you've said,I'm not even sure it would all fit,let alone code and run.

I think the OP needs to speak to someone who knows....like a good engineer.

the casing i can see are both the same all the bolt line up all the same the only visable diffrence are the numbers on the box lol

With the exception of the transfer case,which has been unbolted from the 3.2 DSG box,they appear broadly similar.

The real issue is that even if you can bolt the box on,you will need to code the various ECUs,and experience elsewhere suggests that is no easy task.

Before shovelling up to £1k at it for a used(and thus needing to be checked out carefully)box,why not ask someone who might know.

Maybe I'm mistaken but surely the drive to the transfer box comes out further round on the 3.2

yea i see were your coming from but i might go down the route of maybe using the same ecu out of the old box , but tbh mate i dont know were to begin to get the advice i thought ill try here as you never know do u have any ideas of who to try??
Im just got stuck because i cant find a g/box with the same code as mine

Maybe I'm mistaken but surely the drive to the transfer box comes out further round on the 3.2
May well do,but I don't know!
yea i see were your coming from but i might go down the route of maybe using the same ecu out of the old box , but tbh mate i dont know were to begin to get the advice i thought ill try here as you never know do u have any ideas of who to try??Im just got stuck because i cant find a g/box with the same code as mine
All I'd say is good luck.....it may fit,but it may not work,and you'd need the MFSW and paddles etc etc.....why not try calling AMD,or Backdraft or any other well known tuner?

why not get someone to rebuild your gearbox.
try to look for connections through the trade.

why not get someone to rebuild your gearbox.try to look for connections through the trade.
For what it's worth,if it's a gearbox rebuild,AMDEssex had mine rebuilt for me after some wear issues,and at reasonable cost.....would be worth the OP calling them and discussing the problems.

how much are we talking about if you dont mind me asking

Rough figures....

Gearbox rebuild was about £800,and transfer case was £1200 list....add in some labour on top.

My gearbox needed selector forks for 1st through 3rd,and this apparently a known issue on S3 boxes,and also bearings were not surprisingly a bit tired and whining,but bear in mind that's running up to twice the stock values.

The DSG box is pretty tough also,but if repairs are needed,it's costly,and uprating the clutch plates is seriously costly.

For the most part,you'd be unlikely to need any of that,but do remember to have any used parts checked out,and as I said,check that not only will parts fit,but that you can get them to work also.

wow looks like ill be digging deep cheers for the figues tho its given me an idea to go on, im ****ed really thrown so much money at it becoming a joke now with this gearbox ***!
Ill bell them essex lot tomorrow and see what they say fingers crossed.

wow looks like ill be digging deep cheers for the figues tho its given me an idea to go on, im ****ed really thrown so much money at it becoming a joke now with this gearbox ***!
Ill bell them essex lot tomorrow and see what they say fingers crossed.

"Them Essex lot" as you put it are some of the best around.

Good engineering,safe,and reliable.

If they don't know something,they'll find it out for you.

amd is a chain tho?? are we talking about the essex base or amd as a whole?

I only know the one I've been to...AMDEssex.

Just to confirm we are not part of a chain. There is only us AmD Essex :) not to be confused with any body else.

cars being broken now to much to get done

Cheers for the help anyway S3 alex