Cointray/Cardtray jammed

gordongecko

Reaction score
Hi guys
My cointray got jammed today, I don't know how as there is not much in it. It's recessed into the center console (see pic) and when I press into it it doesn't move at all, so I don't think anything is stuck as then I should be able to feel it move even slightly. Any ideas on what to do now? Should I remove the switch surround and if so should I be using a screwdriver to pry it out?

IMAG0117.jpg

The surrounding trim should just pull off. Do that and see if you can get more purchase on the tray to pull it out.
Also you could use a small screwdriver to remove the entire tray and see if you can free it up that way.

Yeah, the button surround just pulls off. If you're going to use a wee screw driver to prise it off, lever it from the bottom so in case you scratch anything it'll be hidden underneath. Shouldn't take much to pull it off though.

Thanks for advice, was dead easy in the end I finally got round it today. I tried with my hands to prise off the surround but wasn't happening, and couldn't get in from the bottom as it was too tight a fit. I used a small flat head screwdriver (jewellery type) and popped it off starting from the side and worked my way around. I wrapped the screwdriver in a piece of kitchen paper and it didn't leave any marks. Once I got the surround off I got a good handle on the drawer and managed to open it. Turns out a card I had in there (doh!) had sat on some coins and was stopping it from opening, but all good now!! :)

Pic below for reference

IMAG0120.jpg

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Sometimes you will find the cables at the rear affect how the tray open/closes & can cause as above, so anyone doing a retrofit, make sure when refitting, no looms will press down on the tray or up from underneath when radio inserted :)

Sometimes you will find the cables at the rear affect how the tray open/closes & can cause as above, so anyone doing a retrofit, make sure when refitting, no looms will press down on the tray or up from underneath when radio inserted :)

yh this happened to me recently when i had to take the stereo out to check some wiring for another member here and i didnt pay proper attention when i was putting it back in i somehow managed to get some wires pushing down on the back of the card tray which holds down the mechanism which it uses to pop it back out.