• 1 Post By Helifella
  • 1 Post By mjr901
  • 1 Post By mjr901
  • 1 Post By SAiLO

Thread: Fluuuuuuuussssshhh! :-)

5th Gear

Status

Fluuuuuuuussssshhh! :-)

Guys I am sure this has been asked before but I cant seem to find a link to it so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

Realised recently that my car has blue coolant in it and it should be pink, its due a service but thought if its easy to do I might just flush the coolant and fill with G12 myself, whats the easiest way to do it myself?

Cheers guys! :-)
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

2. # ADS
    ADS

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    Food colouring???
    OVRA3 likes this.
    Regards
    HeliFella

I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Helifella View Post
    Food colouring???
    I like it if no one responds soon I might just do that!
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

5th Gear

Status
    Bump

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    take bottom pipe off the radiator and let it all collect in a bucket and dispose of it properly. Normally its one of those spring tightening jobbies that you need a good pair of pipe grips for or large pliers holding the pipe on. 15 min job tops.

Bleed the system after.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    take bottom pipe off the radiator and let it all collect in a bucket and dispose of it properly. Normally its one of those spring tightening jobbies that you need a good pair of pipe grips for or large pliers holding the pipe on. 15 min job tops.

Bleed the system after.
    Cheers MJR901, right I am a complete beginner! How do I bleed it?

Status
    well I just fill to max level, then switch car on.

the level will then slowly drop as its being pushed around the engine, keep filling to the max level until it doesn't drop any more.

go for a spin for 10 mins. check level.

top up if necessary.

just make sure what you take out is roughly what you put back in.
    OVRA3 likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

5th Gear

Status
    Nice work, sounds easy, I'll give it a go!! cheers for the advice!

Status
    don't forget to put pipe back on securely before you refill! else your gonna be scratching your head!
    OVRA3 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I recently changed the rad on my car and has some issues diconnecting the bottom hose of the rad, the clip is easy to undo but the joint is plastic on plactic and did not come undone very easy at all, as i was removing the rad anyway i had to half take it out of the car before i could disconnect it!

If its not stuck on it will be really easy, just a case of pulling the metal clip up till it clicks then pull it of the rad, to refit push it back on and click the metal clip down!

Mine is a 2.0tdi btw!

1st Gear

Status
    In terms of G12 when i had my seat i bought some from the dealer**** which cost a fortune...you can buy other antifreeze that conforms to G12 spec for a fration at of the price!

5th Gear

Status
    Awesome I'll give it go and see what happens worse case its in for a full service next week so if it doesnt go to plan then I'll get them to sort it!

Cheers buddy :0)

Quote Originally Posted by dex140 View Post
    I recently changed the rad on my car and has some issues diconnecting the bottom hose of the rad, the clip is easy to undo but the joint is plastic on plactic and did not come undone very easy at all, as i was removing the rad anyway i had to half take it out of the car before i could disconnect it!

If its not stuck on it will be really easy, just a case of pulling the metal clip up till it clicks then pull it of the rad, to refit push it back on and click the metal clip down!

Mine is a 2.0tdi btw!

Enthusiast

Status
    In terms of G12 when i had my seat i bought some from the dealer**** which cost a fortune...you can buy other antifreeze that conforms to G12 spec for a fration at of the price!
    Go to your nearest Skoda dealership for a better deal on G12.
    OVRA3 likes this.
    VCDS USER

events moderator

Status
    I've been thinking of doing this for a few weeks and replacing it with the pink coolant I'm guessing it would be the same on my 1.6 with regards to the rad pipe
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    I've been thinking of doing this for a few weeks and replacing it with the pink coolant I'm guessing it would be the same on my 1.6 with regards to the rad pipe
    Should be roughly the same with all cars,

Even on my mums old tatty 1986 old banger Toyota Carina II its the same technique although, it doesnt take the pink... it likes the older stuff

events moderator

Status
    haha good stuff will get some in a few weeks and get it done thanks buddy
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

5th Gear

Status
    Was having a look last night and I cant get to the radiator from what I can see because of the front spoiler, it seems to go right under the bottom of where the radiator is? Might have to get them to do it with the service as I dont think its going to be easy to get to unless anyone knows better?

Mine is a 2.0tdi btw!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Was having a look last night and I cant get to the radiator from what I can see because of the front spoiler, it seems to go right under the bottom of where the radiator is? Might have to get them to do it with the service as I dont think its going to be easy to get to unless anyone knows better?
    Did you go in from the engine bay? Thats how i did mine...bit of a squeeze mind!

5th Gear

Status
    Ahhh no I was looking for underneath, only had a quick look after work, Ok i'll have another look in the morning and see if i can get to it! Can imagine its a bit tight in there....

Did you go in from the engine bay? Thats how i did mine...bit of a squeeze mind!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah it is quite tight...but i have rather thick arms and i managed to get my hands down there!

5th Gear

Status
    nothing a bit of lube wouldnt sort out this conversation is going well off key ha ha..

Yeah it is quite tight...but i have rather thick arms and i managed to get my hands down there!