What Bonnet Do I Need? Please Help

shakt1

Reaction score
I have a 53 Plate A3 Sport (2004) Split Grill type.

I have managed to buy the below bumper which I have been told is from a 2008 car.

Now I am trying to source a compatible bonnet. I am having no end of problems with people giving me different part no's etc.

As far as I know my current bonnet with double grill is - 8PO 823 029B

Other part no's I have come across are:

8PO 823 029 E
8P4 823 029 B

Anyone be kind enough to assist? Prices or links for exactly what I need. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got that bumper on my 2004 2.0tdi i replaced the headlamps front bumper front panel and bonnet to all 2009 parts and it looks great and dose the job well
6d0b1bfa.jpg

Just ring up Audi and ask for the part number for a bonnet from a 2008 car?

ive got that bumper on my 2004 2.0tdi i replaced the headlamps front bumper front panel and bonnet to all 2009 parts and it looks great and dose the job well
6d0b1bfa.jpg

OH GOD. Does that mean I have to change Head lamps aswell then and also the panel inside? I was under the impression I just needed to change the bonnet and thats it. The head lamps,fogs,fog grills remain the same?? is that not the case?

I did mate they said they could not give out part no's!

OH GOD. Does that mean I have to change Head lamps aswell then and also the panel inside? I was under the impression I just needed to change the bonnet and thats it. The head lamps,fogs,fog grills remain the same?? is that not the case?

No mate no need to change the headlights. All you need is a 8P2 bonnet and you're good to go.

All that's need for 8p2 conversion like in the pic is bumper, grille, bonnet and fog grilles that is it.

Your looking for a bonnet that's for year 2005-2008.

Have a look at my 'facelift thread' posted today. Bonnet up to 2008 is fine, I even used the same fog surrounds!

Be careful if buying a bonnet from a "2008" car (58 plate in particular). There's a crossover between models on that plate and you could end up with a facelift/8P3 bonnet, and that isn't what you need.