Kw anti roll bar

I haven't myself mate but can't imagine they wouldn't be fantastic being KW. I have looked into getting one for our S3 but not got around to changing the ARB's yet.

We can do the full kit, front & rear bars for £305 delivered if you're interested? (Both 2 way adjustable, front 26mm, rear 23mm)

How does the differences between them feel boydie?

Last edited:
Not really sure to be honest bar mm diameter but I just went for H&R as I had their 25mm springs and based on the general opinion

H&R for the S3 Quattro are:

24mm front and 26mm rear

Eibach are:

26mm front and 22mm rear

KW:

26mm front 23 rear
Audi S3; (8P) Anti Roll Bars by KW

AFAIK you want a thicker rear ARB than front to try eliminate as much over steer as possible.

Thicker bar on rear does not eliminate oversteer. For the contrary!
It reduces understeer.
AFAIK 2wd comes with thicker sway bar on the front because understeer is easyer to handle by unexperienced drivers. 4wd though come with thicker bar on the rear.

I too was very happy with the results from H&R so these would get my vote, you could try rear first at least this one is much easier to fit

Please explain! A thicker bar on the rear does not make it slide on sharp turns?
I had a 26/22 setup and when turning sharp the car kept going straight. Now I have 24mm on the rear and when taking the same turn the rear is sliding to the exterior of the curve. Isn't this oversteer?

What?

I made a mistake. I meant to say understeer and not over steer.

I was jokingly blaming the fact that I am on night shift why I made the mistake.

Old thread I know but what is now the general opinion on whether to go big or small on the front or rear?

Bigger on the rear will reduce understeer dramatically. Easily one of the best upgrades after a remap.

Bigger on the rear will reduce understeer dramatically. Easily one of the best upgrades after a remap.

So really only h&r offering a bigger rear than front. Just curious as to why all but one set-up is bigger front than rear?

I think you need to consider that ARB sizes will be different for different applications i.e. FWD vs Quattro. It's not the size difference between front and rear that's important here, it's the increase in diameter over the original ARB size that will reduce understeer / oversteer.

Fitting a larger rear bar will give you the most bang for your buck and dial out understeer. Adding a larger front (that's matched to the rear) will help keep the car balanced better mid-corner, but it's a pain to fit.

Hope that helps.

I'd say go for the H&R on the S3, as mentioned tried and tested.

Let me know if you need any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Do you sell the rear Separate to the front or only in a set as I can imagine the rear will be the one that makes a real difference??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0.34 only do a rear for the S3 and say they developed it to work with the standard front arb according to them this helps reduce the car pushing on in the corners not heard of anyone running it so can't say how accurate that is

Reactions: Carlos85
I had a focus st before the S3 and had just a rear anti roll bar fitted on that and it made a huge difference to the car so I know that this would be fine, I think installing a front one as well will just make the whole car roll less but still lean towards an under steer characteristic, I have found that whiteline seem to do a rear separate to the front as well so will get that as it's much cheaper than the 034 once you have shipped it from the states...

I had a focus st before the S3 and had just a rear anti roll bar fitted on that and it made a huge difference to the car so I know that this would be fine, I think installing a front one as well will just make the whole car roll less but still lean towards an under steer characteristic, I have found that whiteline seem to do a rear separate to the front as well so will get that as it's much cheaper than the 034 once you have shipped it from the states...

No need to ship the 0.34 from the states as awsome gti stock it

Reactions: Carlos85
I have a Whiteline rear ARB which I believe is thicker, Certainly makes it feel alot more sharper and tighter in the bends.

However I am having issue's with it knocking/creaking but I think it may be the cheaper droplinks I fitted....

Anyone had this same issue after fitting an uprated one..?

I have a Whiteline rear ARB which I believe is thicker, Certainly makes it feel alot more sharper and tighter in the bends.

However I am having issue's with it knocking/creaking but I think it may be the cheaper droplinks I fitted....

Anyone had this same issue after fitting an uprated one..?

I think the creaking may be due to the fact that not enough lubricant has been applied initially when the ARB was fitted or the lubricant has seeped out/dried out over time. But I would like to know if you are supposed to fit the aftermarket droplinks in there rather than use the existing OEM ones.

I think the creaking may be due to the fact that not enough lubricant has been applied initially when the ARB was fitted or the lubricant has seeped out/dried out over time. But I would like to know if you are supposed to fit the aftermarket droplinks in there rather than use the existing OEM ones.

Possibly but I removed the OSR drop link as that's the area the noise was coming from and took it for a little drive and couldn't hear any noises after that hence why I think it's the DL. It is very difficult (tight) to bolt the DL up so It may be true that adjustable one's are required but you never see any ARB come with DL aswell though do you..? My Whiteline one didn't but I did buy it second hand....

I've got this knock now if I reverse on full left lock but only now and again from the drivers side