Opinions on an R33

shresh

Reaction score
Website
none
I was offered an R33 skyline (in GTS guise i think) for £6000 yesterday. Its 94 L reg, with a supposed '31,000 miles'. Being young, i feel i've got the my 2.0tdi too soon, and could do with some petrol power.

Obviously the mileage is wrong, so now I'm wondering what I should look out for if i buy it.

The engine seemed to run fine with no smoke, but the owner didn't seem like someone who would take good care of it.

Anyone owned one of these? or know of any specific issues? I've heard that cambelt/timingbelt should be replaced every 50k miles.

Opinions and advice needed please!!

Shresh, might be worth doing a search for a Skyline forum, they'd put you in the know for what is what. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was offered an R33 skyline (in GTS guise i think) for £6000 yesterday. Its 94 L reg, with a supposed '31,000 miles'. Being young, i feel i've got the my 2.0tdi too soon, and could do with some petrol power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get what you pay for mate. If you have ANY doubts about the mileage, WALK AWAY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers for the help tdi, i've seen that forum, but not found much about potential problems.

i'm feeling a bit of 'jap crap' right now. as its just a weekend car, i just want to have some fun! and it seems a good price, maybe TOO good.

well i got a valuation online at £17k which is a 6k loss. not worth selling it, so i think my sister might be getting an early birthday present!

LOL dont forget a GTS is only a bog standard Skyline.

The R is the proper one.