Remapped S3 to A3 3.2 DSG?

nicks3

Reaction score
Anyone done this or got experience on the differences and whether the 3.2 is a good replacement for a remapped S3? Would like actual experience though not just opinions please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I've gone from a remapped Leon Cupra R which is nearly an S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif to a 2.0TQ Sline Sportback. I did test drive a 3.2 and to me after the Leon it felt very front heavy when hurling it around, not to my taste anyway. Engine does sound great though but fear the consumption if your doing any distance regularly. The one I test drove showed 12mpg when I'd finished with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Ended up going for the 2.0T as in standard format it is as quick as the Leon was pre remap. Also there will be more tuning options for the 2.0T.

I swapped my Revo'd S3 to the 3.2.
Ok, its not an S3...., I had to pay for the xenon lights, but the S_Line is the mext best thing. If you like the turbo kick then go for a remapped 2.0 TFSI, or if you like a big grunt of a unit, and you can handle 26 mpg go for the 3.2.
The next question is.....dsg or manual ????????????
Dsg for me ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif :

[ QUOTE ]
The next question is.....dsg or manual ????????????
Dsg for me ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif :

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that because you wanted DSG or you had to,to get the S-line ?

Fuzzynapper which is the quickest do you think, how do they compare?

Turbo cars are slow off the mark from low revs.

Kissed my Impreza WR1 goodbyr in favour of the Non Turbo 3.2 quattro.

Instant power from Tickover.
depends on waht you want .

Instant power or wait a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nicks3,
The 3.2 feels quicker. As the others have stated you get the power from the start, and pulls all the way through the revs to the red line,(even in the dsg) where as the S3 used to die around 5000 revs.
Depends on what you like. I prefer instant power.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.