Detailed :-)

minimadmotorman

Reaction score
Well pleased with the results. Will post more pics as and when I sort through them :)

6993678675_87d296d1c0_b.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
very nice indeed!
very glassy result! black is so nice clean, such a deep liquid finish!
top marks mate!
what products did you use?

It was done by a chap locally recommended. He did tell me but have slipped my mind at the moment.

This was only part way through the process. Also had the interior protected too.

£80 for the detail. £40 for the interior protection which I probably didn't need but though it couldn't hurt.

Work done:-

• Wheels and arches high pressure rinsed
  • Citrus De-Greaser applied to arches cleaned with a variety of brushes and high pressure rinsed
  • Wheels cleaned with safe wheel cleaner and a variety of brushes and rinsed
  • Door shuts cleaned and rinsed
  • Citrus De-Greaser is applied to lower thirds of the car
  • Snow foam is then applied and left to dwell
  • Smaller areas such as badges, grills etc cleaned with soft natural detailing brushes
  • Vehicle is high pressure rinsed
  • Vehicle is then washed via the 2 bucket methods (grit guarded) with PH neutral shampoo and wash mitts
  • Tar removed from paintwork
  • Paintwork clay barred to remove any bonded contaminants
  • Vehicle is dried with ultra plush drying towels.
  • Paintwork is then cleansed/polished by hand and buffed off
  • 1 x Layer of sealant is then applied and buffed off
  • 1 x Coat of durable wax is then applied and buffed off
  • Alloy wheels sealed
  • Exterior glass is deep cleaned and protected
  • Chrome and stainless steel polished
  • Trim dressed
  • Wheel arches dressed
  • Tyres dressed
Then an interior valet with the scotch guard like protection. Chap showed me by pouring water on the seats and carpet after application and it just beads and isn't absorbed. You can even try to mash it into the fabric and it doesn't absorb it.

****** hell thats dead cheap. You did well there............Im just in the process of setting up my detailing business. Have a nicely stocked garage full of 5L containers of snow foam, wheel cleaner, polish, wax, everything really. All courtesy of Al @ Amdetail.

That sounds like it might be worth a visit - what's the name of the company? Or could you PM me the name+contact number of the guy?

The finish on your car looks amazing! What a bargain, ..I gave my mate more than that when he detailed my old car for me and he didn't even touch the inside of it, never mind do an interior protection detail! You've found yourself a gem of a detailer, Dude. Nice one! :wub: xx

Yeah, I am really pleased with his work. Thinking of getting him to do a mini-detail on my OH's MK3 GTI just to spruce it up a bit.

give him some free advertising!! whats his name and contact details? sure he won't mind the new business

looks good pal , I'm guessing it was bad at all then at that price , either way good work from the place that did it