audi a3 2004 outside temperature display

djlazerblue

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone has this prob, i have the sensor as ive checked, its near 1 of the horns, but no outside temperature shows on the dash, was this an opitional extra or standard for all models of this year, cheers for the help guys

It was an £85 option on all standard models, and came standard on all SE, Sport, S Line & S3 models.

Reactions: djlazerblue
What model is your A3? If you have an AC button on your heater controls (if you don't have full climate control) it can be enabled in the cluster software

hi mine is a 2004 1.6 fsi, it hasnt got aircon or any other optional extras

My older A3 was a 2006 'Special Edition' (different to an SE) - kind of one up from a Standard so had the standard heater controls but also a tiny 'AC' button on them too. This made it possible to do the software mod. If you don't have that then I don't think its possible. Sorry

Hi! Anyone can tell me please how to enable temperature showing on display near speedometer? I have 2007 A3 8P. I have "original" VCDS 11.11.

Can we get more details? Spec of car, photo of speedo clocks?

This is A3 8P. Has xenon lights, DSG, rear parking sensors, cruise control, ESP. No multifunctional steering wheel. Seems like nothing more from car electronics. On instrument cluster it has red display which showing radio and big indicator if low fuel or washing liquid. I have tried to change number 2 to 4 in coding of group 16 or 17 as described in one manual of this forum. No changes.

Here is picture of my dash:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btfjqboftnsriv5/Photo 09.05.13 13 31 03.jpg
And in my vcds group 19 is remote clock. May be something should be done here?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368095852698685

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368095931735265
Sorry, seems like dropbox link not working.

I think you need to upgrade the wiper stalk as per above then, to enable full DIS...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368096476764276 is this the right sensor? Do you think all secret is in wiper stalk? All wires are the same? I am a bit afraid to damage something.

Whereabouts are you located - might be easier to get a local retrofitter from the forum to advise and quote you?