Someone opened their door on my car

MattyW19

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I noticed a dent on the drivers side of my car :( Someones opened their door on it and given it a right wack - Two small dints together, it's towards the upper of the door too, so its quite tough there.. Wish I could meet the person who had done it!!!!

As it's booked in tomorrow with a paintless dent removal, I just wondered if anyone had experienced this before? Is this the way forward instead of it being filled?

Cheers!

I use my local Dent Devil man for car park dings, I'm on first name terms and he does an outstanding job.

Had exactly the same thing happen to my '61 plate S3 a couple of months ago.....God I was mad !!

Anyway, I had two small dents on the top edge of the rear door in a place which I thought would be hard to get to........I called a paintless dent removal guy who looked at it, said he thought he could fix it by accessing it through a 1p sized whole which was there from the original manufacturing of the door and 30 mins later, I was asked to pop out and see if what he had done was ok.

To be honest, I was amazed, as the only sign the dents had been there was a small scuff in the paint which can be removed with a bit of effort....the dents themselves had completely disappeared ( and that is on a black car ).

I think it depends on who you get and how experienced they are as it is a bit of an art form, but 'PDR' is definately the way forward.

Hope it gets sorted.....let us know how it goes.

if they are good then they should be able to get them so you can't notice them at all , we use one in work and he is shi*te hot at his job

Thanks guys! I know it feels like i've only had it a few months and some ****** has done this to me! I spoke to him on the phone and he said he only does Saturday mornings as he's always away working! He works at the local Audi, BMW and Mercedes garages so hopefully that should say something!

I've never done this before, but I was quoted £200 to have it filled.. it's only the size of a penny!

Take some before and after pics.......if anyone else is in your area and needs someone good, then this will be a good reference for them ( providing he does a good job ).

I was quoted over £200 to get my dents fixed by Audi.....ended up costing me £70 from my PDR guy and as I say, you'd never know anything had been there.

Good luck.

I've used Minster Dents (for those of us oop north) - Home
Did cracking job for me with a door injury in a similar position - then polished out the scuff afterwards too. Spot on.

Had this on mine before Christmas though it was my fault. The door opened onto a wing mirror of a BMW and dented it just above the door handle. The dent was removed without trace, I was amazed at the job that was done!

Ive had loads of dings removed over the years, always used the same guy and pay around £50-60 per ding depending on difficulty, some looked impossible but this guy has sorted everyone without any painting at all.
He even removed a nasty one from a swage line using a heat gun to soften the paint so it didnt crack during the process.
Have faith.

Paul

Thanks guys!

It's been done and looks good as new! I took it to Paul Martin in Bolton (Near the BMW Garage) and after he gave it a good looking at, he said it will cost £40. Parked it under the awning, and handed over the keys! I was asked to come back in half an hour.

20 Minutes later I went back and it was all done. However, there was a faint crease on the door, which had been caused by the metal stretching on the impact of the other door. So he told me he could try and make it smaller, but it will fractionally mark the paint - I let him have a go and he improved it (didn't feel good watching him with the hammer haha!) - Overall I'm really happy with the job, would take it back to him in the future!

I've taken a few photos of before and after, so I'll try and get them on tonight! Thanks again for your posts!