A3 8P Headlight Range Control Defective / turn this off / can I code xenon to halogen

thebedscompany

Reaction score
HI guys this is a bit off a odd one, i had single beam xenon headlamps on my 3.2 Quattro which have swapped over onto my tdi and replaced them with standard halogen headlamps, however since doing that i have the following error ( headlight range control defective ) i thought maybe it needs coding to normal halogen but i cannot find the option at all on the vagcom software, it doesn’t seem to have the same option boxes to change halogen to xenon as on the tdi as that was quite straight forward to code

Please can someone help and tell me how to code a existing car with xenon’s to normal halogen headlamps on the Vagcom

Is there any where i can just turn the headlight range control off by taking out a fuse or is there a way to decode this off on the vagcom software

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards Nads

Last edited:
Completely different system for xenons & halogen oem, xenons have a completely auto leveling system, whereas the halogens have a manual dial on the headlight switch.

Have you got a full scan of your module 55?

finally Nigel been trying to get hold of you send you loads of PM the only reason i am doing this work, because I have had no reply.

sent you a list did you get?

No mate, sorry havnt got any list from you, resend it please, I've got work in your area soon, so happy to sort for you :)