Audi A3 2004 Facelift to 2011

djlazerblue

Reaction score
just wondered if you guys could help me with what i need to transform my 54 reg a3 1.6, to the new front thats on the 2011-12 model, im aware it has different mirrors,lights,bonnet,bumper, unsure if i have to change the slam panel aswell, any help would be appreciated you guys seem to know your stuff, cheers marc

You need this:

money-pile.jpg

not legal tender in the uk but thanks for that pointless piece of info

I think what N8 was trying to say was that it's gonna cost you a lot of money mate. Sounds like useful information to me.

Reactions: N8
i know that common sense it aint cheap, but cheaper than buying a new 1

Your correct about what parts need replacing you will also need fogs which I'm sure your aware of and some wiring will be needed for the headlights whether you want halogen or xenon. The best thread to be looking at is Digzz thread if you google "Digzz work in progress" he has a full list of main parts and also all the small bits you will need from Audi.

From what I've seen of the prices, it would be more expensive to buy a new one - but probably not much more expensive to buy a fairly recent one and then update THAT to the current variant. Plus you end up with a newer car.

Take the advice in the manner it is meant seeing as how you have asked for such advice in the first place!
Throw money at a basic standard car to try to make it into something it 'ain't is just plain silly, and nobody I repeat nobody will be convinced you have a better version. Worse come sale time neither a dealer or a private individual will want to lnow - I fear they will just snigger behind your back.
Best save your money, find ways of finding some more and then buy better in the first place.